First purchase STX15 help!

Hey everyone. I'm in the market to purchase two skis for myself and wife. The wife loved our rental experience when we were in Hawaii and wants some. However, the rentals were Yamaha's and it's to expensive to purchase.

So there are two 2004 STX15 in my area (TN) one is $5200 (94 Hours) and second is $4500 (140 Hours). Are these prices good for the skis? I wanted to stay around $10k.

I'm just hoping these will provide enough speed for the wife. She enjoys jet skis more then I do.

Thanks

+1
    Seems kind of high for older skis and I am a 15F lover. Check kbb.com and see what the price should be. Do they have any maintenance records since they don't have a lot of hours but they do have age. Find out if they bought them in '04, are they original owners. I bought my '08 leftover last year for 6500.00 with 4 hours on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    Seems kind of high for older skis and I am a 15F lover. Check kbb.com and see what the price should be.
    I do agree that those prices seem little high. In my area, So Calif, the 15F sells between $4000 and $4500 with a trailer. Don't know about using kbb though if/when that's the actual going price (4500 & 5200) in that area. Then you have not much choice. I have total 8 skis and all bought used (88 JS650 to 04 15F) and the cheapest season I bought was in December just before Christmas when people need money for shopping. I was pulling a ski/trailer in snow!

I agree - bit high for 04s with those hours. Especially when 11s can be had for mid 8s out the door.

+1
    If you find out all the info about them and still like them just offer them less, are they coming with a trailer and other things such as anchor, vest and misc. equipment. The first skis I purchased basically came with everything I needed to start skiing right away. They will either take your offer or not, like they say you should always be willing to walk away and you will get the best deals.

Thanks for the replies. I agree that its high. I have searched previous forums and such but just wanted to make sure. The $5200 (seller will come down to $4800) will come with a trailer, life vest, and tube. The other one not sure besides a trailer. The second one is a dealer that I haven't talk to yet.

+1
    When we purchased our pair of 15f's my wife was very happy with the ski but over time she didn't care for the ride as much. Why is it you are going with the 15f over anything else? If it is price only maybe you should work on buying 1 and then see if you both like the ride and then you can work on buying another since you aren't looking at a pair anyway. We ended up trading my wife's in for a FX HO by Yamaha and she loves the ride, the only thing she isn't happy with is that Kawi seems like it bolts everything whereas Yamaha has parts that are just snapped into place and double stick tape holds it there.

The 15f is a very flat ride and loves to go fast over chop but if you slow down to 35 - 40 you get beat up and feel every wave. We do a lot of group rides and I end up usually leading the ride and I can't go any faster than the slowest rider so sometimes I get beat up a lot.

Thread Information