Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fzr Mods- Riva vs R&D

I am going to be adding some new mods to my fzr and I cannot decide whether to go with the r&d performer kit or the riva stage 1. The only Yamaha dealer in the area i know of will offer a special deal on the riva kit and install it, but i don't know if the R&d is better or similar. I assume they can also install the R&d but i am not sure which one to get. I dont race, its all recreation for me. the waters can get very choppy where i ski also.

+1
    IMO mix and match parts for the best results. Check out the FX SHO library and some of the sticky threads for more info. I personally use BOTH R&D and Riva and you can see my build thread by clicking the link in my sig.

+1
    Both kits will get you around 70-71. For peace of mind I would get the riva kit and have the dealer give you their deal and be done with it. I personally used select parts from each kit and some parts that are not even on either kit ( Modded VX plate & TJ exhaust mod) and ran 71.1 mph and it only costed me around $980.00. Whatever you decide, the first parts mod should be an intake grate for your safety. Good luck and speed is addicting.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    Both kits will get you around 70-71. For peace of mind I would get the riva kit and have the dealer give you their deal and be done with it. I personally used select parts from each kit and some parts that are not even on either kit ( Modded VX plate & TJ exhaust mod) and ran 71.1 mph and it only costed me around $980.00. Whatever you decide, the first parts mod should be an intake grate for your safety. Good luck and speed is addicting.
    I didnt buy the kit....and I'm seeing speeds of 73

I have
    Intake ribbon removed.....R&D
    VX Ride plate
    R&D Intake Grate and plug kit
    Free no drone exhaust mod"tommy jordan"
    stock intake modified with R&D power filter
    Free Hull vent mod"green hulk"
    Repitched Stock prop"tommy jordan"
    I have 600 into it right now, but I found the VX plate for 100 and the R&D power filter for 105 and the repitch for 120"i have a stock prop to sell"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post

I have
    VX Ride plate
    I have 600 into it right now, but I found the VX plate for 100 and the R&D power filter for 105 and the repitch for 120"i have a stock prop to sell"
    You bring up a really good point about the stock prop. For stage 1 the stock prop does a decent job when repitched. I would, however, recommend repitching it yourself. It takes less than 20 minutes, saves you upwards of 100$ getting it done professionally, and saves time in transit for shipping. Not to mention you can repitch the prop on your schedule. Check out the how to section for threads on prop bending.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post

I have
    VX Ride plate
    The only difference with what I had was the prop not being pitched, rider weighing 280 lbs. and temps. at 95 degrees with gulf water being 93 degrees.

i am thinking i will just go with the riva kit but switch out the intake grate, pump seal, and ride plate for R&d, maybe i will get jims modded vx plate.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    You bring up a really good point about the stock prop. For stage 1 the stock prop does a decent job when repitched. I would, however, recommend repitching it yourself. It takes less than 20 minutes, saves you upwards of 100$ getting it done professionally, and saves time in transit for shipping. Not to mention you can repitch the prop on your schedule. Check out the how to section for threads on prop bending.

Mike.....I bought a addl stock prop from Tommy boy.....thats why I paid 120..... I don't think he would do me that bad, on a repitch....I thought he was a stand up guy for looking out for a total stranger.....Thats why Tommy Jordan is a household name in my House

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fzr Ho View Post
    i am thinking i will just go with the riva kit but switch out the intake grate, pump seal, and ride plate for R&d, maybe i will get jims modded vx plate.
    Thats what I did minus the prop. Put an r2 repitch and you'll be flyin!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fzr Ho View Post
    I am going to be adding some new mods to my fzr and I cannot decide whether to go with the r&d performer kit or the riva stage 1. The only Yamaha dealer in the area i know of will offer a special deal on the riva kit and install it, but i don't know if the R&d is better or similar. I assume they can also install the R&d but i am not sure which one to get. I dont race, its all recreation for me. the waters can get very choppy where i ski also.
    Kits may come and kits may go, but in my opinion the R&D intake grate is a must; for your personal safety you need to get this first...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...r-fzs-sho-buck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information