Looking for a good mechanic in western Kentucky or Atlanta area

I'm in western ky and have three polaris skis.

I really need to find someone who knows his stuff on the polaris skis . willing to travel some distance if confident in persons skills and knowledge of polaris skis including the electrical.

please drop me some names and #'s if you know anyone in ky or surrounding states.

I also go to Atlanta pretty often to visit family, could possibly do buisness with somone there if i had to .

I haven't been able to find anyone around here that will touch a polaris electrical problem such as changing out a stator and such. any help would be greatly appreciated .

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    1997 sltx
    1997 sl700
    1999 sltx

Welcome

Do you have a shop in the area that is generally competent with other brand PWC, that would be willing to do the Polaris work with some guidance?

What exactly is the problem with each machine?

the 97 sltx just needs the stator changed out been at a shop for months still hasnt fixed it. Guy worked at polaris dealership for several years when they still sold pwc as a mechanic.Just keeps giving me the run around has gas tank and stator out but wont return calls and crap like that fed up.97 sl 700 had blown engine he said he had fresh rebuilt 700 on shelf would install for 800.00 .Installed but can't get it to crank doesnt know what else to try.I have a 99 sltx that needs an engine and i have a pro 1200 engine i've been told that its a pretty easy swap but I dont have the time or knowledge to do it .would really like to get the two sltx's going soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm1966 View Post
    the 97 sltx just needs the stator changed out been at a shop for months still hasnt fixed it. Guy worked at polaris dealership......but wont return calls and crap like that fed up.

97 sl 700 had blown engine he said he had fresh rebuilt 700 on shelf would install for 800.00 .Installed but can't get it to crank doesnt know what else to try.

I have a 99 sltx that needs an engine and i have a pro 1200 engine i've been told that its a pretty easy swap but I dont have the time or knowledge to do it .would really like to get the two sltx's going soon.
    If the guy worked for a Polaris dealer he might have been the parts gopher if he can't get your skis running. Or.......he just doesn't really care and that's why he won't return your calls.

Step #1..... Go get your skis out of his possession and get them home ASAP!

Step #2.......Fix them yourself if you can squeeze the time
    Can you follow a manual and turn a wrench? If so, buy a manual, read up, ask questions here, and you can fix these yourself. The shop in my town has terrible service so that's what I did. There is an excellent mechanic at my boat shop, but he won't work on PWC's. He gets people coming to him all the time asking to work on them and he turns them away. He knows I do my own wrenching and told me if I wanted he could keep me busy full time just from referrals he could send my way!

If you have the parts you could have the stator in the one SLTX and on the water by this weekend.

On the SL700. Will the starter turn the engine over (Crank) but it won't fire.....or will it physically not turn over. Those are two entirely different issues. Either should be solved relatively easily.

The 1200 engine swap shouldn't be that bad.

I realize that time is a big factor. That is usually my limiting factor when it comes to repairing stuff. But, if you can make the time it sounds like your issues can be solved without a great deal of difficulty.

KJ

Thread Information