Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Check engine light! Not pulling a code... HELP!!

04 RXP - stock

Right after Thanksgiving I installed Jerry's washers. I started it a few times to make sure it was working and everything was fine. Then last weekend I put it in the water and as soon as I started backing it off the trailer the check engine light came on. It wasn't showing any codes so I took it to the dealer. They hooked it to their computer and reset it, still nothing and the light came back on. The guy I talked to was talking about copper washers on the supercharger, I don't think he had a clue so I took the ski home with me.

I am hoping the problem is with the way I reinstalled the washers, bearings, etc. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should check? Everything seems to be running normal except for the light.

Thanks
    Chris

+1
    Does it beep when the light comes on? Does it say anything on the display like "hi temp" or "oil"? It sounds like just a maintenance reminder, but the dealer clearing it should have resolved that.

It makes a long steady beep and the display says "check engine."

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    did you disconnect any plugs and forget to put them back in?

when you get the long beep and "chk Eng" ... you tried pressing the set button 5 times, correct? or did u not press the set button 5 times at the moment it happened?

No, I didn't know to hit the set key. I read about that after I took it to the dealer. Luckily they didn't charge me.

I just went out and tried to start it again. When I put the key on it started beeping again and the light was on. I reset it a few times by hitting the "set" key 5 times and the light kept coming on. Just for the heck of it I tried to start it and nothing happened. So, I started checking all the connections on top of the motor. I found one that seemed kind of loose. After tightening it I turned everything off and reset it again, it restarted and the light went out. I am going to hook it up to some water tomorrow and see what happens, then maybe try and drop it in the lake. Cross my fingers.

If the code comes back on I will hit set 5 times immediately, maybe it will give me a code this time.

What was it? which one?...PR...

Sorry, what I meant to say was if the check engine light turns back on I will reset the system and see if gives me a code. It still has not shown any codes yet. But, maybe it will tomorrow when I put it in the water.

I took it out this morning and it ran great, no lights or anything. It got to about 7900rpms at top speed. Is that about what it should be doing? I am not familiar with all the numbers as I am new to these things. 43 deg water, 55 deg air. Smooth water.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    cool...

are you the original owner? do you know if the knock sensor update has been done to your machine?

if ur not sure, send me your VIN # in a private message and i'll look into it for you

ideally you want to be pulling 8100 rpms for optimal top speed on your machine

shib, can you look up my VIN# i just want to know what kind of **** comes up...i sent you a PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information