Need advice Impeller housing/wear ring for FX140

Need some advice. B/c of salt water corrosion I have to replace the impeller housing in my 2004 FX140. Should I buy a new OEM housing(66V-51312-01-94), a used part, Riva stainless, just an insert...Not sure what to do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
    Need some advice. B/c of salt water corrosion I have to replace the impeller housing in my 2004 FX140. Should I buy a new OEM housing(66V-51312-01-94), a used part, Riva stainless, just an insert...Not sure what to do.
    OEM has a SS liner and holds up just as good and is cheeper too than the riva .Check the classifieds on the forum for a good use one. There are a lot of good sellers on there. Tommy Jordan

+1
    I've never had the problem with the OEM liner bulging out from corrosion, but I always dunk my ski & trailer in a freshwater lake on the way home from the ocean. If I needed a replacement I'd probably go with the solid SST housing from Riva, but Tommy is right. You can usually find good condition OEM replacements cheap in the classifieds.

why not consider one of those housing with replaceable liners?

so far I`m sure I have passed crap thru the pump without damage to the wear ring or prop. I did ingest a beer can, Coors to be exact, and it did nick and older prop. When I was running the Doo, they were all replaceable liners, good for a season until, you sucked in a rock, piece of wood or stick and it would usually kill the liner...
    so why don`t more people use the sacrificial liner set up?

I have never seen an OEM liner for Yamaha. Just Seadoo liners. I'd love the liner part number if it exists. I would just buy it and not the whole unit.

Corrosion is very common in Yamaha if it's not flushed out properly. Unfortunately I bought a used ski. Salt water will sit on the bottom of the wear ring/impeller housing and corrode it.

Thread Information