Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry MSX 150 Sudden Problem - No Power

OK all here is my issue. I have a 2004 MSX 150 with about 50 hours on it. I put it in the water about a month ago and it was running fine. I put it on the lift and it sat for about the last month covered up. I got it off the lift today and it has no power. It idled at about 1000 - 1100 RPM for about 1 or 2 minutes then it went to normal idle about 1550 RPM. When I go to WOT it barely moves, max speed about 6 MPH (3000 - 3100 RPM). If I start the ski on the lift (Not in the water) it starts up and revs up fine. I only let it run for about 10 seconds on the lift. Any ideas? It puzzles me because it was running fine when I put it away, so something happened while it was sitting on the lift. Thank you all for your help.

+1
    Is the check engine light on? You might need to have the codes read at the dealer.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check compression, just in case.

Both spark plugs firing? Do both spark plugs get equally warm when running the engine?

Oil level correct when cold (right near bottom of dipstick)?

Check Engine Light is NOT on. I tried to get it in to have the codes read but the only dealer around here with a digital wrench said they can't get to it until next week. I really wanted it for this weekend. I will check compression today and check the plugs for firing. They seem to be firing fine because it's not missing or anything at idle. It idles fine. Oil level is good. Do you think it could be a stuck wastegate or something may have built a nest somewhere to plug something up? Thanks

+1
    Gas could be bad as well, you might want to fill it up with fresh 91 octane. Check compression/plugs as mentioned, possibly check the sensors with a voltometer to make sure they are in spec.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsscraig View Post
    Check Engine Light is NOT on. I tried to get it in to have the codes read but the only dealer around here with a digital wrench said they can't get to it until next week. I really wanted it for this weekend. I will check compression today and check the plugs for firing. They seem to be firing fine because it's not missing or anything at idle. It idles fine. Oil level is good. Do you think it could be a stuck wastegate or something may have built a nest somewhere to plug something up? Thanks
    check wastegate for smoothe function.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Certainly it is possible that some creature has created a blockage somewhere. Not necessarily a nest, could be a dead body in there...

Perhaps you could pull the large exhaust hoses off the water box and check for signs of obstruction anywhere between exhaust exit on the hull and through the water box.

Also check for really soft areas on the large exhaust hoses. If there was a lack of exhaust water injection cooling spray the inside of the hoses can collapse and create a flow restriction.

OK exhaust looks good all the way through. Time for plan B.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsscraig View Post
    OK exhaust looks good all the way through. Time for plan B.

post compression numbers!

Compression is 115 psi on rear cylinder and 118 psi on front cylinder. Wastegate actuator is smooth. Also good spark on both plugs. Battery is at 100%.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information