+1

WTB Ocean Pro 'O' Ride plate for 2000 SLX - Ocean Ride Plate

Looking for an Ocean Pro - Ocean , O-long version ride plate for my slx. It gets really squirley at high speeds and walks side to side alot. I know they are on ebay for about 115 new but figured i'd see if anybody has a good used one laying around before i go buy a new one.

Thanks

Don't wait for a used one just to save some money. The cheapest I've seen is around 80 dollars. I spoke to the guy at oceanpro and I can tell you that they don't have many left. The demand has reduced so he doesn't cast them anymore unless he really has to. New or used, it will make a world of difference on you ski.

+1
    yeah thinking thats the route ill have to go, figured i'd check on a used one first as ive seen the racing version pop up every once in a while on here.

Does anybody know which would be better for a 2000 slx, R or O? R for speed, O for rougher condions? O is longer so i figured this would be the one to get since the ski has the extended ride plate already, didn't know if the r is a short version that would be more for the skis w/o the extended setup and/or for speed. Coming to the realization i rarely ever see "glass" conditions so I dont mind losing a mph or two off the top end if thats the case with the O version just dont want to loose a bunch off the top.

Anybody had these that can give an opinion on which would be better for a 2000 slx?

Thanks

Get the O hands down the better choice. Comfort will always win over erratic speed. Lose a mph vs getting the shit beat out of you every second of the ride. It's your body!

+1
    yea thats what i've been leaning towards. read alot of posts dealing with the ocean pros and it seems most go with the O, not alot of opinions on the r. my slx porpoises when at top speed and wanders off track alot on the backside which gets real sketchy. hoping that the op will help with that, especially the wandering.

Thread Information