Help getting ready for water

I bought a 2002 polaris virage I not running previous owner stated the ski was bought new in 04 and lost spark, he replaced a stator and still had no spark so after i bought it i read up on k447 write up and unplugged the tps and it started the question is since it has not been ran since 2007 what should i do to make it ready for the water. I have drained the tank, replaced the fuel lines, installed a new battery, new tps, cleaned the screens in the line to the exhaust and i could not unscrew the solenoid ti clean it the ski starts and runs and will take the throttle but i have to feather it to get it to rev up. it has no run time since i got ti but a couple starts and was only used in freash water thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by see error View Post
    I bought a 2002 polaris virage I not running previous owner stated the ski was bought new in 04 and lost spark, he replaced a stator and still had no spark so after i bought it i read up on k447 write up and unplugged the tps and it started the question is since it has not been ran since 2007 what should i do to make it ready for the water. I have drained the tank, replaced the fuel lines, installed a new battery, new tps, cleaned the screens in the line to the exhaust and i could not unscrew the solenoid ti clean it the ski starts and runs and will take the throttle but i have to feather it to get it to rev up. it has no run time since i got ti but a couple starts and was only used in freash water thanks
    Have you rebuilt the carbs? They maybe clogged up causing the rev problem.

Have you also checked the compression? Spark plugs?

new plugs and it is fuel injected i am hoping it is because it hasent been run in 4 years

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Correct spark plugs installed?

Cylinder compression?

Check CPS sensor ohms. Should be around 140 ohms.

Also check voltage on white/red wire with both injectors plugged in. Should be 45 volts and stable with engine running.

Make sure the water cooling circuit through the EMM is not clogged and can actually flow water.

If you can, use the simple LED tool to read the EMM codes (if any).

correct plugs are installed I am taking it out tomorrow to see how it runs after running some clean fuel through it. I disconnected the fuel lines again and pumped it into a bucket and there was some brown sludgey looking stuff but it is pumping clean now but i still didnt run it. wasnt sure if there was a test for the oil pump to make sure it works, also to test the water injection solenoid

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Water injection solenoid is not a useful part. It can be removed and permanently deleted. Details in the Ficht section of my signature links.

There are fine mesh filter screens inside the tips of the fuel injectors. Normally these never need servicing. If you decide to clean them, be sure to keep each tip matched with it's injector.

thank you for the info on the solenoid I was looking to delete that

Thread Information