2003 seadoo gtx 4-tec overheating

So i put my ski in the water 2 days ago and in 30 seconds the overheating alarm came on and the exhaust inside was screaming hot .. so i brought in and 3 hrs later i pulled the whole pump assembly apart and noticed that the pump assembly/housing was cracked right down the side. and another thing i noticed is that the wear ring was all chewed up along the sides..i could see bits of plastic pieces on the wall of the ring .. i am wondering if that is why the ski is overheating .. can anyone help ...... .. Also the ski will not overheat while i am performing a minute flush with garden house.. as i did when i pulled the ski out of the water.. the first thing i did was flush the ski and it did not over heat then but only in the water and within seconds ... HELP

Nederland, Texas
    Part of the pumps job is to provide water to cool the exhaust. Sounds like maybe the crack is effecting the water flow to the exhaust.

Signal Mountain, TN
    Is the pump housing plastic or aluminum? If it is plastic it needs to be replaced anyway. Plastic will flex under the immense pressure and cause cavitation over time.

There is a small tube which is on top of the pump housing. Between this tube and the pump housing is a filter. The filter may be clogged. This will cause overheating if this filter is clogged.

Jersey Shore
    I just had a similar overheating problem on a boat. The pump isnt cracked but just makes sure there aren't any clogs in the system.

Thread Information