Manchester UK

RXP 215 hitting rev limiter

Hi guys, I'm a new member of greenhulk. loving the site, so much helpfull info! i can't seem to find what I'm looking for, it seems the props are

Can you help I have a 2006 RXP 215bhp which is hitting the rev limiter 8300rpm at about 70 mph side by side with my mates stock rxp. From the info on the sight I suspect prop pitch or wear ring

Here's the mods it has (fitted by last owner) :- riva 3" air filter, riva free flow exhaust, riva grate, riva s3 charger blade, riva blow off valve, riva opas block off (hull extension kit), I have invoices a solas prop but not stating pitch,

I've looked at the prop (still installed in the ski) and it looks to be a chrome 4 blade prop (solas??) with no visible damage as far as I can see. The wear ring seems to have a slight step where the impeller lines up with it, there is a slight gap between aproximatly 0.2mm. The cone seems to have slight damage to the tip!

If I remove the prop can I work out the pitch?
    With the engine mods listed will a 15/20r work ok? (intending to upgrade to x charger later on)

Sorry for the long text just trying to get a much info as poss to save time.

Ontario Canada
    Yes you can use a 15/20R with your mods. I ran the S3 charger for a year and used that prop. If you are reving at 8300 rpm I would suggest adding 1.5 to 2 mm pitch. Each mm should drop your rpm by about 100. Remember you ideally want to rev at 8150.

Manchester UK
    Hi Jim thanks for you input, is there any way of checking the prop pitch? I will be removing it shortly to change the wear ring and i'm now tempted to fit the 15/20r it would be nice to know what the prop fitted really is, if it is the 15/20?
    Would I be wright in thinking with a standard 15/20r with my mods the revs would be slightly lower rather than higher? what did yours run at?

Thread Information