Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question on Riva by-pass

I just purchased a 300X and am very impressed by acceleration and the way the ski handles at high speeds, it's like it has suction cups on the water.

I tried the washer mod and it did what it claimed to do, but I didn't like the side affects (inaccurate speedo, no economy mode, etc.). So I am thinking about the Riva by-pass and am wondering in there are any negatives against it?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Yes .

Backorder...

Any idea for how long they will be on back order?

Kawa Warranty??

Quote Originally Posted by tadam View Post
    I just purchased a 300X and am very impressed by acceleration and the way the ski handles at high speeds, it's like it has suction cups on the water.

I tried the washer mod and it did what it claimed to do, but I didn't like the side affects (inaccurate speedo, no economy mode, etc.). So I am thinking about the Riva by-pass and am wondering in there are any negatives against it?
    Will the Riva Bypass effect the Kawa warranty????

I have a stock 300x with only the bypass. I just hit 75 mph on gps. I think that is the only thing I will be doing!

Whats everyones ski speedo say with the riva bypass? I dont have a gps so i cant get a true speed... just want to compare with others with the bypass....mine pegs out at 67 mph does not gain or lose any speed with any water or air condition....even had full tank of fuel, 2 18 packs of beer, 2 bags of ice and my gf on the back and still pegs out at 67 mph. Stock my ski would hit 66 mph on the ski speedo....Dont think i can believe that the ski speedo stops at 67 mph ....and i hope i didnt get a bypass just to get to the ski's stock speed...so any info would be most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Will the Riva Bypass effect the Kawa warranty????
    You should ask your dealer. Often, if your dealer is alright with a mod it doesn't even matter whether Kawasaki is or not. That said, manufacturers generally need to show that the mod contributed to a failure, and there is no way that the speed mod will. I know from Jerry that the SeaDoo speed module is warranty-safe, so I assume that the Kawasaki one is too.

Quote Originally Posted by hereitcomes View Post
    I have a stock 300x with only the bypass. I just hit 75 mph on gps. I think that is the only thing I will be doing!
    Congrats! That is far and away the fastest GPS speed I have heard with just the bypass. What was the fuel level and air/water conditions? Did you average two directions to mitigate the current? Not doubting your speed, just trying to understand it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
    Whats everyones ski speedo say with the riva bypass? I dont have a gps so i cant get a true speed... just want to compare with others with the bypass....mine pegs out at 67 mph does not gain or lose any speed with any water or air condition....even had full tank of fuel, 2 18 packs of beer, 2 bags of ice and my gf on the back and still pegs out at 67 mph. Stock my ski would hit 66 mph on the ski speedo....Dont think i can believe that the ski speedo stops at 67 mph ....and i hope i didnt get a bypass just to get to the ski's stock speed...so any info would be most helpful.
    Sounds like a perfect day to me . Anyway, I don't have personal experience with this particular model but I can tell you that, in general, the speedometers are completely inaccurate and can vary between each individual ski (so you might find another 300X that reads differently than yours). The best bet without a GPS is to compare the RPMs that you are seeing at WOT, that should be more indicative of a speed gain. You should have gained RPMs with this mod. If you have a smartphone, you might be able to get an app for GPS speed.

i talked to my dealer they told me the speed mod voids the warranty. They also told me that anything that gets plugged into the ecu automatically stores a code in the computer so even if you take it off for warranty work they still will find out that something was there. Not sure if they are just blowing smoke up my ass tho. I would love to buy this for my ski but i really do not wanna risk the warranty in the event something ever does happen.

In that case, maybe you should check out the R&D intake grate which is supposed to disable the speed limiter without connecting directly to the ECU.

was just looking on Riva's website and it doesn't say anything about the module being on back order, was able to add it to my cart but didn't check out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information