Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WAY UNHAPPY with RIVA!!!

OK, first i was very inspired to get a new seat cover because of the 3rd post in this thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...eat-Cover-Pics
    after talking to jettrim, was told they are a week and a half behind plus shipping...After a lot of thought, I figured the "stock" one riva had in stock(or so I was told) would be almost as nice..So I called riva and was given VERY WRONG info, 1st they said they had one in stock, my other concern was color match..I was told that since its made for the year/make/model ski it would go on, the color may not be EXACT, but very close...well after ordering(through GH, figured they might as well get a cut as this site is great for info!) they were suddenly out of stock but would be getting soon(2 weeks later)..anyway, the worst part is the green is NOT EVEN CLOSE! Maybe its partly my fault for not checking before dropping off at upholsterer but quite honestly, didn't give a second thought as my concern was eased from call to riva..now, since its on, they do not take it back...I think it looks WORSE than stock seat that is in perfect condition...what do you all think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010001.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	244184  

+1
    Yikes. Looks like shit. No way I would have had that installed.

That sucks.....But get a can of this gear and turn that frown Upside down....

http://www.speco.com.au/vht_vinyl.html

I MAY have jumped the gun here...just spoke to riva and they were VERY sympathetic to the issue, unfortunately nobody that can make a decision was working today, hopefully I hear back by tuesday...lets put on hold and will update when I hear back...that is Kawi green on an rxt....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Yikes. Looks like shit. No way I would have had that installed.
    I was thinking that, but did not want to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    That sucks.....But get a can of this gear and turn that frown Upside down....

http://www.speco.com.au/vht_vinyl.html
    I painted the orange squares on my PX seat with some fabric paint I got from Advance. The stuff is made by Duplicolor I think. Its holding very well. Just a option if you think about doing that.

+1
    I had that cover on my rxt. It was ugly as heck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post
    I MAY have jumped the gun here...just spoke to riva and they were VERY sympathetic to the issue, unfortunately nobody that can make a decision was working today, hopefully I hear back by tuesday...lets put on hold and will update when I hear back...that is Kawi green on an rxt....
    Best bet is not try to match the green with vinyl or any other fabric. It will never match. Black, grey, or silver would look best IMO.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post
    OK, first i was very inspired to get a new seat cover because of the 3rd post in this thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...eat-Cover-Pics
    after talking to jettrim, was told they are a week and a half behind plus shipping...After a lot of thought, I figured the "stock" one riva had in stock(or so I was told) would be almost as nice..So I called riva and was given VERY WRONG info, 1st they said they had one in stock, my other concern was color match..I was told that since its made for the year/make/model ski it would go on, the color may not be EXACT, but very close...well after ordering(through GH, figured they might as well get a cut as this site is great for info!) they were suddenly out of stock but would be getting soon(2 weeks later)..anyway, the worst part is the green is NOT EVEN CLOSE! Maybe its partly my fault for not checking before dropping off at upholsterer but quite honestly, didn't give a second thought as my concern was eased from call to riva..now, since its on, they do not take it back...I think it looks WORSE than stock seat that is in perfect condition...what do you all think?
    That sucks man. Out of every aftermarket seat cover I have seen. None of the colors EVER match anything on a ski. IMO when I had my 07 RXP, the colors on that seat cover matched better than any I have seen. I dont think I will ever get a seat cover that is anything other than all black. Friend of mine put the Riva seat cover on his FZR and the blue doesnt match for shit. I told him I would take it off!

I'm not even looking for a perfect match, just close!...did you guys check out that link and 3rd post? I think that seat looks sweeet!

+1
    Jettrim may take a while, but they do awesome work. "worth the wait." They are great to deal with too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information