Thread: Riding Glasses

Riding Glasses

are the floatation glasses worth while, is there something glued to them to make them float, any recommendations on brands for good price ?

+1
    I have been wearing a pair I got at Academy. They are Bill Dance brand. They only cost $15. From what I can tell the ear socks are what keeps them afloat. I also have some made by Body Glove that look like the frame is made from a light weight material that floats. I dont wear them much because they are so light they want to fly off my face sometimes @ 80mph.

+1
    I just bought the foam glasses love them. $20.00 retail. They do not say it but they float. I have used them up to almost 84 mph and my eyes did not water. Only thing, since the foam is around your eyes they can fog up some. I just pull them away for a second then it is all good. Only happens when I'm not riding. I wear them all the time now. But it keeps the wind out of your eyes.

http://www.maxxsunglasses.com/products/rider.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I just bought the foam glasses love them. $20.00 retail. They do not say it but they float. I have used them up to almost 84 mph and my eyes did not water. Only thing, since the foam is around your eyes they can fog up some. I just pull them away for a second then it is all good. Only happens when I'm not riding. I wear them all the time now. But it keeps the wind out of your eyes.

http://www.maxxsunglasses.com/products/rider.html
    I like those. I may have to get a pair. The only time the wind really seems to bother my eyes is in the winter.

+1
    I'm real picky about eyewear & either threw away or returned 4 or 5 different brands of goggles until I found Seaspecs. The problem I had with goggles with foam rubber gaskets is the foam gets saturated riding offshore & would start dripping saltwater into my eyes. I have yet to have the Seaspecs come off my head, even when submarining the nose of the ski into a wave at 30 mph. They are comfortable, polarized, don't fog up, float & can be ordered with prescription lenses. The only issue I've had is I bought the blue ones & the frame has faded a little, so I've had to endure some wisecracks from friends for having homo purple shades. Luckily, I took advantage of the 3 for 2 deal, so I had a spare black pair to switch to.

http://www.seaspecs.com/

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    We use Seaspecs too. Have had them a couple of years now and never have had an issue. Their 3 for 2 deal has been going on forever. We have 2 black pairs, and one red. No issue with color fade either.

Almost lost mine once, but I had forgotten to tighten them, otherwise they just don't budge. (I put the strap under my ponytail for extra security)

Put some Goggle Bright, or other water shedding product on the lenses to keep them clear.

Ulitimate Newb
    They Oakley Flack Jackets I had WERE the best I have had. Until I took the float strap off one time and then I lost them in the inlet.

Thread Information