Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Motor seized/d plate question

Ok so starting a new thread as I now believe the motor is seized and my issue is not starter related.
    Took the intermediate shaft cover off and the plugs out and tried to turn the shaft both CW and CCW. No movement at all. So it's seized right?
    How do i go about figuring out next step from here?

Also seller sold ski to me as a stage 2 kit and there is no d plate installed, no efi controller and the tabs are factory. Could no d plate cause the engine to seize?

Quote Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
    Ok so starting a new thread as I now believe the motor is seized and my issue is not starter related.
    Took the intermediate shaft cover off and the plugs out and tried to turn the shaft both CW and CCW. No movement at all. So it's seized right?
    How do i go about figuring out next step from here?

Also seller sold ski to me as a stage 2 kit and there is no d plate installed, no efi controller and the tabs are factory. Could no d plate cause the engine to seize?
    no...
    now remove the pump to verify pump is not locked up...
    then remove the head and look in there...
    what did the plugs look like?

since you didn`t list the year/model ski in this thread, I`m going to assume it`s efi...
    what stage 2 parts ARE on the ski at this point???
    if in fact you have compression (heads) FA, FF etc etc and no controller, you could have very well smoked the engine... it has been known...

My bad
    Yes its EFI, its a 2003 1300r. Plugs are pretty black to be honest. Bottom 1/3 - 1/2 inch or so.
    To be honest the only parts I can verify are the sponsons, ride plate, free flow and intake grate. Dont know about FA and the head is all factory still I believe.

My bad
    Yes its EFI, its a 2003 1300r. Plugs are pretty black to be honest. Bottom 1/3 - 1/2 inch or so.
    To be honest the only parts I can verify are the sponsons, ride plate, free flow and intake grate. Dont know about FA and the head is all factory still I believe.
    it is possible that it could have a milled OEM head, no way to check compression now, so you`ll have to verify if you need to eventually pull the head...

Yeah I wish I had done another comp check before I got this far in. It checked at 125 I believe across the board when I bought it in may.

Pump bolts are off but pump is stuck to mount. Heat appropriate here? I gave it a couple love taps but nothin crazy as it seems like soft metal

After this I'll pull head If necessary.

OK pump still stuck, all 5 bolts removed and that sucker is not moving! Tried using wood and a hammer on the back side of the nozzle mount bolt to no avail, though i was using MDF which isn't exactly super strong. Have a torch but don't know how much heat to apply before I would possibly cause damage.

Head is off, not real sure what I"m looking for. When pics done uploading I am going to post them. Did notice that the head gasket is only two layers, believe it is supposed to be three from prior reading on squish so perhaps the previous owner did this. Didn't mention it to me but obviously someone removed one layer.

First pic is the head, followed by front, middle rear shots. Then the pistons as a whole. Then rear, middle, front. Followed lastly by another shot of head after a quick clean up

[/IMG]

Can you push the pistons down by hand? They should turn easily. If not, you have a problem possibly with the crank or pump. Is there any scarring on the pistons or cylinder walls?

Grrrr. Time to invest in a better flashlight. Got pump off using a better pry bar.

Impeller is rusted, corroded and one blade is stuck to wear ring. Wear ring has damage in several places.

Time to investigate whether or not impeller can be saved or tossed.
    Btw, this is supposed to have a solas impeller. Once I get the impeller out I'm assuming it will nbe marked/stamped somewhere? Just trying to compile a list of sellers lies

Grrrr. Time to invest in a better flashlight. Got pump off using a better pry bar.

Impeller is rusted, corroded and one blade is stuck to wear ring. Wear ring has damage in several places.

Time to investigate whether or not impeller can be saved or tossed.
    Btw, this is supposed to have a solas impeller. Once I get the impeller out I'm assuming it will nbe marked/stamped somewhere? Just trying to compile a list of sellers lies
    it may be possible that the pump was your issue...
    yes, the impeller will be marked... take some pics...
    maybe time to step up to the HO pump...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information