Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation ATTENTION NEWBS!!! and members that should KNOW better!

Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-06-2011 at 10:29 PM.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    They haven't made you a Moderator? I read your stuff all the time......your a cool dude now.....but in 2007 you kinda sided with NitroShark on a issue he did to me....but other than that I fully understand where your comming from and respect it

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    They haven't made you a Moderator? I read your stuff all the time......your a cool dude now.....but in 2007 you kinda sided with NitroShark on a issue he did to me....but other than that I fully understand where your comming from and respect it
    Thank you for the feedback and thanks for the conversation!

+1
    Why don't you get a few posts under your belt before you start a thread like this....

Good thread. MUCH needed.

....17,580+ posts. Holy Chit.

Good Thread. The Forum needs a good Post every now and then to keep it in line; Nothing like a good piece of hickory!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    VERY Well said!! Thanks PR

Well said.....Especially the part where the original poster doesn't post back with what their particular solution was. I can't tell you how many times I'm reading something similar to a problem I'm having and then the post just ends with no solution. It's very frustrating.

BTW.....I have an 02 GP1200R fo sale! I'm just kidding. Sorry, PR, I couldn't resist!

+1
    Andy I suspect that since this is now at the top of the page it will just like most posts that get put here. A few will read it but most will scan right past it and post the same questions again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Andy I suspect that since this is now at the top of the page it will just like most posts that get put here. A few will read it but most will scan right past it and post the same questions again.
    Very true
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-06-2011 at 10:23 PM.

+1
    All very true, it isn't that the members do not want to help others. But I have noticed lately that some of the new members will post questions that have already been discussed on the same page. The sticky posts and "How to, tip of the day" section in the SD side has answers to most questions that pop up almost daily.
    Also, as it has always been this way since I have been here some people do not find GH till they have problems with their ski. They look around on the first page or so and post up their question/problem wanting instant answers. I fault no one that needs help, just please put a little effort into helping yourself. The search function on GH is better than any other forum that I participate in.

It also appears that some of the new members are more concerned with post counts than actually posting correct or information contributing to the thread.
    You are correct, the mods and admin staff do a excellent job here. As I am sure you remember as well, it is a thankless job with low pay . When you attempt to correct a thread that has gone way of course you are "heavy handed" or playing god. When you let it take its course you are considered lazy and not doing your job. It is a challenge to be able to keep things running smoothly and most folks happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information