Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1

First time out this season...

So I totally forgot how fun these things are!! The '98 is running good. It wasn't at first, but after a fresh set of plugs, it felt like it gained 20 hp! It's only pulling 7720 rpm, but the acceleration is good. I'll check the wash here in a bit.

The 1010 is a little different story. It ran really good and was pulling 8100 rpm no problem, but on the little sprint back to the trailer, it seemed like exhaust or steam or some something started to spew out of the pipe pisser. Is this a blown head o-ring? I would have figured this would cause the pisser for the cylinder to spew exhaust, not the pipe pisser. Any ideas?? None of the tubes are melted nor are the couplings.

Check your jetworks valve, the ball might be stuck

+1
    I'll for sure check it but the only thing I can think of is a cracked pipe. The stinger water system is a different circuit than the pisser circuit. If its cracked, I might just sell this fucking boat...

+1
    I'll be doing a pressure test of the pipes this afternoon to see if my suspicion is correct. I sure hope not because how the hell do you fix cracked pipes if it is in the middle where you can't reach it to reweld??

I'm trying to get the '98 back to previous rpms from last year. I was turning 7900+ rpm no problem but now it is struggling to pull 7700+. I do notice that the wash was a little small for my liking so I opened the highs up half a turn. If I slightly let off the throttle, I do notice a little increase of rpm...means it is still lean? She pulls hard, just isn't winding up like it used to.

+1
    i don't think it's cracked if it was it shouldn't turn that many rpm's still . if it's cracked in the middle you just CAREFULLY cut the outer casing open and fix what needs to be fixed and the reweld the outer casing back on

+1
    If you don't think it is cracked, what could it be? The only other thing I can think is that it had a little plug in the water and it got hot and the water in the jacket started to boil.

+1
    Well shit...I just backed it in the water and ran it on the trailer....no sign of exhaust leak.

+1
    I think all it was yesterday was the water boiling off because there wasn't any trace of exhaust carbon in the water lines. Took it for a ride today and saw some flashes of 8250 rpm. The water from the pipes was VERY hot...started to steam a little bit and was really hot to the touch. Maybe since this boat was tuned in Michigan, it was running in cold water. The water here is 80 degrees or so...

+1
    you might need to restict the flow out alittle to keep the water in the pipe alittle longer

+1
    I would have figured it would need more flow to cool it down! I'm not going to touch the cooling until I talk with Sharps Marine.

I leaned up the lows half a turn so they're at one turn out and I also loosened up the gas valves. I felt it was loading up on the low end and taking too long to rev out. It seemed once it hit 6000 rpms,it took a bit of time to hit max rpm. There are some stiff ass springs now for the valves so I think with the caps all the way in, it was too much. It now hits HARD off the line and pulls without any "transition" to the top end. It has absolutely no problem hitting 8250 now and it hits it QUICK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information