Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Help Pleaseeeee!!!!

Hey guys today after riding my 2005 sea doo RXT 215 for about an hour, it seems as though it has lost some power.. I was running usually about 7800 RPM but now the most it will do is 6200-6250 with no warning light or anything. Im not to sure where to start and what to do. It seems as though when i shoot out of the water the motor still runs to about 7800 RPM but as soon as im back in the water again, it only wants to get me to about 6200-6250.. Please help me with any imput and or where to start. Thanks guys.

+1
    Id be looking at your supercharger

Its either lost its washers, slipping badly or has a boost leak (eg blown the hose off the charger).

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    rev the motor while squeezing the big hose going from the supercharger to throttle body (where throttle cable connects) if it doesnt expand with pressure your supercharger is not working and needs to come out to see whats failed and decide from there what to do next.
    otherwise take the intake air hose off the s/c and see if the s/c fan can be spun with your finger if you can then same as above a component has failed (search about ceramic washer failure)

+1
    Sounds like a ceramic super charger clutch washer failure. Pull the air intake on the super charger and see if you can spin the impeller with your fingers.

If that is the case here is the instructions for removing the super charger.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...y-Sean-Coleman

If that is the problem, the engine will have to come out so that all the pieces can be cleaned out.

Also read this,
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Metal-Washers

+1
    Sounds like a supercharger washer failure for sure. Pull off the hose like someone said and see if the wheel spins. If it does then your charger is toast and you will need a rebuild and oil pumps at the least.

It is also pretty common to have the issue with the hose coming off. Do the test holding the supercharger to throttle body squeeze test. That will tell you alot

Well I did what you guys said and in fact the impeller on the supercharger does spin. I guess I will order the new washer kit and go from there. Any other suggestions? Thank you

+1
    You will need to inspect for any damage those washers did. I would recommend to change both oil pumps, new washers and depending how many hours your charger has if over or close to 100 hours I'd get a complete rebuild done.

+1
    If the washer has broken you will have to pull the engine and clean all the pieces out. The engine will not last long if you do not get all the washer out of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scott93310 View Post
    Well I did what you guys said and in fact the impeller on the supercharger does spin. I guess I will order the new washer kit and go from there. Any other suggestions? Thank you
    Is there a washer missing? Pull the charger and snap a picture of the back

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information