No spark or gas on Virage TXI 1200 2002

PLEASE HELP!!! First time using this forum. I have a Virage 1200 TXI 2002, that is currently not getting a spark or gas through the machine. We have called many dealers and no one will work on it or help us. Last night I found your website and started doing many of the suggestions. This is want I have tried today got a Big Crank battery nothing, unplugged the TPS nothing, disconnected the LR-503 nothing. It does crank over. How can we ever get it running again or am I going to have to junk it? Please help!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

With lanyard in place, let it sit for more than five minutes. Press start button to crank engine. Engine cranks, does the MFI display wake up with a full sweep of the speedo needle?

If no MFI response to cranking then the EMM engine computer is also not seeing the engine cranking.

Find and check the fuses, which may be tucked inside a wire splice cover. Also verify that the white Reset Buttons are still pressed down, not popped up.

I think that I did the bypass to the LR module wrong, going to try again today. The MFI does wake up and does the full sweep of the speedo needle. Will also check the fuses and the Reset Buttons. Is there any way to bypass the stop/start button to see if it will fire up? Thanks again.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    With lanyard in place, you can start the engine by using a metal tool to short the two heavy red cable studs on the start solenoid. There will be sparks, so use a firm hand and don't touch the tool to anything else metal, just those two studs.

The engine should crank. Normally it will also start.

Separately, use a multimeter to measure the voltage on the white/red wires. Leave all fuel injectors plugged in, find another spot to tap into the white/red wiring. Put the Black meter probe on engine bare metal ground somewhere.

Voltage on white/red should jump to over 20 volts while cranking.

Third test. Take off the flame arrestor cover (don't lose any parts into the engine) and dribble roughly a teaspoon of fuel down each air intake throat. Keep your body away from the air intakes and try to start the engine using the Start button.

Thread Information