Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

warning iddicators

hi guys been out this weekend trying to fine tune my e.f.i with d plate and try some new air mods i come up with.
    all was going well untill steve (steved) and i decided to take a trip out into the channel to see if the dolphin was still at his haunt..
    before i get bashed by any animal lovers we dont chase him or even wind him up mearly sit within eye distance of his bouy and he comes and interacts while we sit there with ski switched off...
    a common sight for lots of you but this is a first off in your area and a good sign that the water is cleaning up at last.
    on way there i was holding it aprox 5,000rpm and once again the buzzer came on and flashing the exhaust temp warning,common fault i normaly switch off re start and it goes away,not this time and now it was flashing along with the engine warning indicator each one flashing on and off and the lovely buzzer as well which will get my wire cutters next time cowels are off..re started and it happened again so this time i pressed and held the select button to see if any fault was displayed,, nothing all good according to ski.
    do i have to put up with this or is there a fix,remember a thread about resistors going in place but unsure what to do and even if it will cure my problem, any advice will be great as i am about to tear down for winter and do several more modds that are sitting in garage collecting dust..jet works and vf 11 reeds..

+1
    I have seen this happen before with the cat chips in place.
    It was a ski with a d-plate, but no efi controller. It turned out to be running lean. Once a controller was fitted- no probs. My 05 ran with a d-plate and no controller fine, but I did not do anything to the air intake side.
    Some have described your symptoms when fitting a d-plate, and filter.
    I am guessing you are running slightly lean.
    Check the efi controller conections, and check the big grey plug to make sure it's in tight.
    If it all checks out, I would richen up your efi pots, and go out again.

Running Lean

Hi Salty I Had The Same Problem With My 06 Ski All I Did Was Richen It Up A Tad So I Think Mongoose Is On The Button

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by washo6o4 View Post
    Hi Salty I Had The Same Problem With My 06 Ski All I Did Was Richen It Up A Tad So I Think Mongoose Is On The Button
    thanks guys... no chip fitted to ski as it did nothing on the 05 so ive been told.. will richen up both yellow and green pots and have another run... did the same thing before the e.f.i was fitted with just the d plate..all connections are good as i check double and triple check every time out...dread the unit doing on me.. any thoughts on the 10k ohm resistor in place of where the cat chip should be..??

Warning Beep

I WAS OUT ON MY 06 SKI CRUISING AT ABOUT 40 WHEN I KEPT HEARING A BEEP SOUND .I THOUGHT WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SO I SLOWED DOWN AND CHECKED THE DISPLAY,NOTHING!! SO OFF I WENT AGAIN ,I GET UP TO CRUISING SPEED AGAIN AND THERE IS THE BEEP AGAIN ONLY IT ISNT THE SKI ITS THE SODDING WHISTLE ON MY LANYARD TURNING INTO THE WIND AND DUPLICATING THE SOUND .DUGH!! WHAT A PLONKER

When you start the motor try opening the throttle quickly, a blip, right when it fires. It seems this fools the sensors into thinking its rich enough. It works on my buddys '06.
    I thought he was spastic, then he told me what he was doing.
    Sorry John !!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEALLDAY View Post
    When you start the motor try opening the throttle quickly, a blip, right when it fires. It seems this fools the sensors into thinking its rich enough. It works on my buddys '06.
    I thought he was spastic, then he told me what he was doing.
    Sorry John !!!!!
    Seen that too Todd on John's boat... damnest thing.

I usually idle it throuth the no wake with the buzzer going off. Shut it off then on and right on the throttle and no more buzzer.

+1
    Salty,

If it going off all the time, check to see if your tip over sensor came unplugged.

Lift out the front bucket and look down where the wires come out of the black box on the front nose of ski.

Mine comes unplugged when Duke makes me carry his beer.

+1
    Install the 10K ohm resistor and you wont have the buzzer go off at all.
    Worked for my 2 boats.

+1
    thanks speed...will fit the 10k ohm in place of cat temp sensor..any thoughts on the resistor in place of the water temp sensor or wont that work heard its 2k ohm???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information