Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

First 47 minutes with new 300X

Just traded in my 07 250 for a new green 300x. New ski feels a lot lighter compared to the 250, feels even lighter than my FZS and is just as playful. Feels like a totally different ski. The 250 was a rough water BEAST, nothing could touch it in the chop. Haven't had chance to test the rough water capabilites of the 300 yet, but I predict it will not be as good as the 250/260. It's still not broken in yet, did 5 minutes of idle, 20 minutes of varying between idle and 1/2 throttle, 45 minute cool down, 20 minutes of idle to 3/4 throttle for very short bursts. Still haven't pegged it yet. Took it home and did the washer mod, but didn't get to try it out yesterday or today.

Have read the threads regarding the speed limiter, would like the bypass but don't want any hassles with warranty should the ecu store anything, not thrilled the washer mod screws up the speedo, eco, no wake. I saw someone mention in another thread that there is an intake grate that bypasses the speed limiter ??

Just go with riva bypasd they wont even no it's there lol east to install wont take more the 10 mins, dash everything will still functions as it should be.

+1
    The R&D grate comes complete with an aluminum shim for the speedo wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I saw someone mention in another thread that there is an intake grate that bypasses the speed limiter ??
    Can you explain little more on that?

+1
    Ultra 300 Aquavein Scoop Grate

The new R&D Kawasaki Ultra 300X Aquavein Intake Grate Kit has been designed and developed to deliver the ultimate handling and speed performance in recreational, offshore, and closed course race conditions. The R&D Ultra 300X Aquavein will deliver quicker acceleration, higher top speed performance and a much smoother and more predictable ride over the O.E.M. intake grate. Low speed and high-speed turns are a breeze with new found control. The R&D design offers a smoother “recreational friendly” off throttle deceleration allowing a more comfortable and smoother ride. The secret to the R&D Aquavein’s hook up performance is in its patented, award winning, and championship winning wing and twin bar, super deep channel design. The well proven R&D top loader Aquavein wing concept has been used exclusively by Factory Kawasaki and Yamaha racing teams to win every Pro 1200 and Open World Championship for a full decade! Bolt on an R&D Aquavein top loader intake grate and experience why R&D is the top selling intake system worldwide. Each new R&D Ultra 300X Grate will also include “FREE” a special “Speedo Unlimiter” spacer plate which will allow the ECU to adjust the throttle plate to a true full throttle position allowing the Ultra 300X to really perform. So, where else can you get a scoop grate kit that will allow a 4 mph speed gain on flat water????

Pt. # 111-30000

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Just traded in my 07 250 for a new green 300x. New ski feels a lot lighter compared to the 250, feels even lighter than my FZS and is just as playful. Feels like a totally different ski. The 250 was a rough water BEAST, nothing could touch it in the chop. Haven't had chance to test the rough water capabilites of the 300 yet, but I predict it will not be as good as the 250/260. It's still not broken in yet, did 5 minutes of idle, 20 minutes of varying between idle and 1/2 throttle, 45 minute cool down, 20 minutes of idle to 3/4 throttle for very short bursts. Still haven't pegged it yet. Took it home and did the washer mod, but didn't get to try it out yesterday or today.

Have read the threads regarding the speed limiter, would like the bypass but don't want any hassles with warranty should the ecu store anything, not thrilled the washer mod screws up the speedo, eco, no wake. I saw someone mention in another thread that there is an intake grate that bypasses the speed limiter ??
    You are correct [U]"it wont be as good as a 250/260 " It is " WAY BETTER by a noticeable chunk " in the rough,
    NOTHING keeps up with a 300x in the rough water,
    on the weekend was riding with my buddy on his 250 , that has R&D toploader,and OEM plate, stock sponsons.

and it was /is impossible for him to keep up when it get ugly,

The 300x pump combo even with the R&D grate is soo much better then before .

Waz

+1
    your last sentance is confusing, the gain comes from the speedo mod not the grate, so if you want the 4mph just do the speed bypass

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Ultra 300 Aquavein Scoop Grate

The new R&D Kawasaki Ultra 300X Aquavein Intake Grate Kit has been designed and developed to deliver the ultimate handling and speed performance in recreational, offshore, and closed course race conditions. The R&D Ultra 300X Aquavein will deliver quicker acceleration, higher top speed performance and a much smoother and more predictable ride over the O.E.M. intake grate. Low speed and high-speed turns are a breeze with new found control. The R&D design offers a smoother “recreational friendly” off throttle deceleration allowing a more comfortable and smoother ride. The secret to the R&D Aquavein’s hook up performance is in its patented, award winning, and championship winning wing and twin bar, super deep channel design. The well proven R&D top loader Aquavein wing concept has been used exclusively by Factory Kawasaki and Yamaha racing teams to win every Pro 1200 and Open World Championship for a full decade! Bolt on an R&D Aquavein top loader intake grate and experience why R&D is the top selling intake system worldwide. Each new R&D Ultra 300X Grate will also include “FREE” a special “Speedo Unlimiter” spacer plate which will allow the ECU to adjust the throttle plate to a true full throttle position allowing the Ultra 300X to really perform. So, where else can you get a scoop grate kit that will allow a 4 mph speed gain on flat water????

Pt. # 111-30000

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    your last sentance is confusing, the gain comes from the speedo mod not the grate, so if you want the 4mph just do the speed bypass
    u missed a bit Corey !!

when u buy a grate now you get the washer style mod free

Waz

+1
    oh now i get it lol buy the plate we will give you the washers for free because thats where your extra mph comes from or does that mean the plate gives you 4mph then fit the washers for an extra 4mph shit thats an 8mph increase from RnD lol what a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    u missed a bit Corey !!

when u buy a grate now you get the washer style mod free

Waz

+1

R&D's “FREE” a special “Speedo Unlimiter” spacer plate

Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RD Speedo Spacer 001.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	244321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RD Speedo Spacer 002.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	244322  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information