Question Need info, 785 starter bendix SPRING?

well, I took your advise and rebuilt the 785 that I was planning not to do... I'm missing the spring that goes between the bendix and magneto cover... can someone post information or details of this as I'll be getting that somewhere else and put the 785 under the spark tomorrow. Your help is much appreciated! THANKS!

Someone said here is no spring, but shims... can someone post details on those? And the spring of course if there needs to be one between bendix and cover? THANKS.

Thanks man, I have checked that and it clearly shows the spring, which I'm missing.... still some say it's not in all applications existing in there? Does anyone have specs for that spring? THANKS.

Homer Glen Il.
    Which spring are you taslking about ??? on a fuji motor there is no spring in the front cover like on a domestic motor

That spring you see in the pic. (#20) is part of the bendex . If you have the bendex you have the spring.

Thats what I was looking for. No spring is needed then. Thanks!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    Are you asking about the bendix inside the mag cover? (no spring on Fuji engines)

Or are you rebuilding the starter?

I bought the 785 and the engine was completely in pieces... First I had no plan to rebuild it, but then it wasn't that far off and I noticed that the stator was toast... I as able to get BRAND NEW 785 OEM stator and since putting few domestics together I figured I'd need the spring between the BENDIX and FLYWHEEL cover (as you need with 900/1050).

Obviously, thanks to you and now looking at the explosion pictures, there is no need for the spring. Cheers!

Thread Information