Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone ever heard of this?

have a riva 8650 ECU with the Riva 50 injectors. Ski running fine AFR's all good, Temps all good, New Battery Terminals not lose...... on a couple of occasions now the Ski just Dies(cuts out), I pull the key off the Dess and put it back on and comes to life and can be started no problems..and a coulpe of other Times when putting the key on the Fuel pump Cycles continuesly but no start and no power, Then if i pull a plug on the ECU and Put it back on and then put the key on it Fires up again no problems...No alarms sounding either and no particular reason not at high RPM. it seems to do it as your throttling in, to pick up speed is the only thing Ive noticed....I guess the Question is does the riva ECU cut the Ski off for any reason or do I have a gremlin somwhere

+1
    Man thats weird. I have a Riva ecu and never have had any problems. I hate electrical gremlins.
    Maybe a loose ground on the block?

ah good place to start...I've had the motor out....I'll have a vid soon of what has happened. Not sure its going to shed any light on the Problem

video of the Culprit

+1
    Something else it could be is the fuse box. I had problems with my fuse box not sealing very well and I would get corrosion on my fuses and relays. I ended up having to replace one of the relays. The ski would not shut down or run rough, but the display would go blank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Something else it could be is the fuse box. I had problems with my fuse box not sealing very well and I would get corrosion on my fuses and relays. I ended up having to replace one of the relays. The ski would not shut down or run rough, but the display would go blank.

+1 thats what i said.. replace the relays etc.. unless the dess post is playing up???

maybe bring it over next week when u r back pooche???

Yes well um, the sarter cable is a little loose at the starter and the fuse box, first cable I checked...could have something to do with it...well I hope so anyway

+1
    Man that ski sounds bad ass what speed does it run?

75mph at 8600. 15psi on the Turbo...Got to pitch the Prop so I can add another 2psi...still playing around...

+1
    does it do it mainly when the ski comes unhooked at initial takeoff because chased this for a week on mine turned out to be a coil shorting out cut the engine every time and sometimes took ages to get ski restarted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information