2007 Kawasaki ultra 250x orange key not performing to potential

My ultra 250x is not hitting anywhere near 70 let alone 60mph. I have been on perfectly flat water, and the ski has not been used for over 100 hours. My max so far has been around 45, and the ski has been randomly shutting down when I was idling. If anyone knows anything about this and can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum......Search is your friend......a little reading should get you up to speed........

Welcome to the forum!

Aquaholic6801 is correct that the search can be helpful but I'll try to offer some assistance to get you started.

We will need a little more information in order to help. First, the speedometer on PWCs are inaccurate. Please provide a GPS speed at wide open throttle (WOT) by purchasing a handheld GPS or getting a GPS app for your smartphone (if you have one). GPS speeds are accurate and can be compared reliably. Also, we will need your engine RPMs at WOT and any relevant history for this ski that you could provide (e.g. have the periodic maintenance procedures been followed? has it ever suffered water ingestion? etc.).

From what you have told us so far I can say that the shutting down at idle could be the result of bad spark plugs (common symptom). I will need more info (see above) to help with the top speed issue. Thanks.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Aquaholic6801 is correct that the search can be helpful but I'll try to offer some assistance to get you started.

We will need a little more information in order to help. First, the speedometer on PWCs are inaccurate. Please provide a GPS speed at wide open throttle (WOT) by purchasing a handheld GPS or getting a GPS app for your smartphone (if you have one). GPS speeds are accurate and can be compared reliably. Also, we will need your engine RPMs at WOT and any relevant history for this ski that you could provide (e.g. have the periodic maintenance procedures been followed? has it ever suffered water ingestion? etc.).

From what you have told us so far I can say that the shutting down at idle could be the result of bad spark plugs (common symptom). I will need more info (see above) to help with the top speed issue. Thanks.
    correct GPS means nothing as a start

ENGINE RPMS at Wide open throttle

lets start their, after you search abit

Waz

It has been around a week since the OP posted this. Has a solution been determined yet?

Thread Information