Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

can anyone tell if this work

i have a fx sho 09 1.8lt supercharger and i am going to buy a fzr. My question is i am going to send the computer to r&d so they could do a r3. Could i still use the reflash of the fx sho on my new fzr without any problem or code turn on

+1
    as understand it they will work but you will get a few fault codes. ask r and d if they can program it to work on both. who knows they maybe able to.

I asked about this when looking for a used ECU to send to R&D. Get the correct ECU.

+1
    I put an FZR R2 ecu on my SHO and it did not throw any codes.... i also have put a SHO CRUISER ecu on a regular sho . . and got no codes...

+1
    One guy here had a problem where they reflashed his FZR ecu as a FX SHO and it threw errors because the FZR does not have the Cruise Control stuff. So he had to send it back to get the correct flash. If they reflashed it to a FZR ecu, then the Cruise *may* not work.

+1
    You can put a FZ ecu into a SHO (you just wont have use of the cruise control or no-wake modes) since they aren't written into the program on the FZ

If you put a SHO ecu into a FZ. The ski will run fine. But, you will immediately get warning buzzer and codes because the ECU is looking for the cruise control and no-wake mode that the FZ doesn't have.

Last year, R&D accidentally flashed my FZ ecu as a SHO model. We hooked up ski to YDIS software and erased codes and they instantly came right back as fast as we erased them.

You could ride the FZ with the SHO ecu and just mute the warning buzzer. In doing that, I don't know what would happen if a real problem would arise. Would the new warning allow the buzzer to override the muting??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    You can put a FZ ecu into a SHO (you just wont have use of the cruise control or no-wake modes) since they aren't written into the program on the FZ

If you put a SHO ecu into a FZ. The ski will run fine. But, you will immediately get warning buzzer and codes because the ECU is looking for the cruise control and no-wake mode that the FZ doesn't have.

Last year, R&D accidentally flashed my FZ ecu as a SHO model. We hooked up ski to YDIS software and erased codes and they instantly came right back as fast as we erased them.

You could ride the FZ with the SHO ecu and just mute the warning buzzer. In doing that, I don't know what would happen if a real problem would arise. Would the new warning allow the buzzer to override the muting??
    yeah my sho have cruise control, but other than the warning buzzer cominng up cause of the cruise control everything else will work fine and the throtle response will be fine too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1706 View Post
    yeah my sho have cruise control, but other than the warning buzzer cominng up cause of the cruise control everything else will work fine and the throtle response will be fine too
    When you buy the FZ are you keeping the SHO also?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    When you buy the FZ are you keeping the SHO also?
    yes i going to have both ski but i am only want to have one reflash that is why i ask

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1706 View Post
    yes i going to have both ski but i am only want to have one reflash that is why i ask
    In that case. Then yes. You can swap over the ecu into the FZ when you want. The ski will run and perform fine. The warning buzzer will come on immediately for the cruise and no-wake and you can mute it by pushing the button on dash. The warning light and picture of engine will still flash. I put 30 min run time on my ski with the warning buzzer and it ran perfect. But since this is my only ski. I couldn't leave the ECU like that when they flashed it wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information