Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

fzr valve stem seals

so ive been leaking alot of oil from that black box behind the engine (not sure what its called) dealer keeps telling me that im just putting too much oil but IM SURE THAT IM NOT.. while out riding out here i ran into a well known jetski mechanic in miami and he said that my valve stem seals might be bad or have gotten loose..

so is this possible? does it make sense? has anyone seen this before? would this be a DIY job?

Possible, but not likely. Is the little hose from the bottom of the separator (black box) to the block connected well?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandinga22 View Post
    so ive been leaking alot of oil from that black box behind the engine (not sure what its called) dealer keeps telling me that im just putting too much oil but IM SURE THAT IM NOT.. while out riding out here i ran into a well known jetski mechanic in miami and he said that my valve stem seals might be bad or have gotten loose..

so is this possible? does it make sense? has anyone seen this before? would this be a DIY job?

What mods do you have? excessive "blow by" can happen when you run "High boost" or your compression rings are leaking back into the crankcase.....and too much oil will cause the problem. Have you ever thought about a catch can? or the Riva crankcase breather mounted high above the valve cover?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Possible, but not likely. Is the little hose from the bottom of the separator (black box) to the block connected well?
    yes it is connected well.. the oil is coming out through the engine breather kit filter

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    What mods do you have? excessive "blow by" can happen when you run "High boost" or your compression rings are leaking back into the crankcase.....and too much oil will cause the problem. Have you ever thought about a catch can? or the Riva crankcase breather mounted high above the valve cover?
    mods are riva intake, rear exhaust, intake grate, ribbon removal, vx plate, prop, R3... stock wheel, no intercooler, no powershot..

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Mandinga all u need to do is take it to U.V.A sho or Jorge and leave it there till its done, i hate how dealers work, u know how my ski runs i i have never had any problems, so far ohhhh WAIT i already told you this, fuk,,,,,, i Forgot i ride with you Every Weekend LOL

mamalongooooooo.....

update: took my ski into riva this morning.. they were absolutely dumbfounded.. well i just got a call from the mechanic saying that the seals from the supercharger got bad and was leaking oil into the crankcase and was what caused the oil leak into the hull.. they called yamaha and they approved a new brand new supercharger and everything that comes with it.. my jetski was just put back together and is ready for me to pick it up..

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Go for it,,,,, and buy yourself a blow off valve or pass by ""patio performance inc"" later today i think i have one laying around, and u better hurry cus im not going out this weekend i have a trip to naples, so come pick it up before friday

Quote Originally Posted by Mandinga22 View Post
    mamalongooooooo.....

update: took my ski into riva this morning.. they were absolutely dumbfounded.. well i just got a call from the mechanic saying that the seals from the supercharger got bad and was leaking oil into the crankcase and was what caused the oil leak into the hull.. they called yamaha and they approved a new brand new supercharger and everything that comes with it.. my jetski was just put back together and is ready for me to pick it up..
    Not understanding how a seal causes oil to get in the hull and requires replacing the entire SC. If it were the seal between the block and SC oil would leak and you would just need that seal that costs a few dollars. If it were the seals in the SC how would that get to the hull?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Not understanding how a seal causes oil to get in the hull and requires replacing the entire SC. If it were the seal between the block and SC oil would leak and you would just need that seal that costs a few dollars. If it were the seals in the SC how would that get to the hull?
    i really cant get my head around it.. but i have a new supercharger and everything so worse comes to worse, i take it back but stay with a new supercharger... clutch was about to go anyway.. looking foreward to test it out on sunday

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information