Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Digital GPS Speedometers

Gaffrig Performance makes a nice looking GPS digital speedometer with a
    3 3/8" diameter gauge. It has memory recall for both speed and RPM. It could be mounted in a variety of places on a ski, including the glove box. This unit would end the problem of loosing the hand held units, but it's downside is that it can't easily be switched from ski to ski. Check out www.gaffrigperformance.com They are having a special on the head unit until Dec 31st at $99. The GPS antenna is extra. I can get dealer prices on the stuff if anyone is interested.

Richard

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    That does sound interesting Rich. I wish the gauge was smaller but the one thing i like is the fact that it has a max RPM recall. It's sometimes difficult to peek up and get a good view of the RPMs at topspeed.

+1
    Which one Rich?

I'm very interested... but I don't see any descriptions, or which gauge you are talking about.
    Last edited by Hydrotoys; 12-10-2006 at 04:32 PM.

+1
    http://www.gaffrigperformance.com/Pr...SubCategory=42

Digital is probably much better, but I sure love the looks of the Nordscog's much more.

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/p.../gps/index.htm

+1
    The Nordskogs are the exact same gauge with the exception of the name.
    both are made by Gaffrig as far as I know. The Gaffrigs come in a choice of 10 colors. Both digitals feature recall, mph, knots,tach, voltmeter and digital compass. The Northskog is priced a lot lower than the Gaffrig for some reason. The total dealer cost of the Gaffrig gauge, GPS sender, waterproof recall switch and switch plate is $325.25 dealer. plus whatever the shipping is.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    Which one Rich?

I'm very interested... but I don't see any descriptions, or which gauge you are talking about.
    Mark; My catalog has a much better description but the pics on the Gaffrig website shows the gauges, either in digital or analog readout. I'd go with the digital for accuracy. Colors are; red, blue, teal,purple,black,yellow,white,chrome,gold, and platinum. Sorry but pink isn't available. Shibby would feel left out.

Richard

I'm working on a GPS sending unit to repace the stock speedo pickup and convert your stock speedo to GPS:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2205712
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2208237

I have a prototype working on my '96 GTX. I'm targeting $75 retail price when completed. This includes the antenna.

The GPS pickup will connect with only three wires: ground, switched power, and the speedo input. A fourth wire connects an optional pushbutton switch to ground. The pushbutton switch has two functions: memory recall and calibration. Press the switch once and the speedo will read peak speed. Press again to clear peak speed. Press and hold and the speedo enters calibration mode. Ever set a digital clock? This will work like that. You set the speedo to 50 mph. When you press and hold the pushbutton, the sending unit will gradually advance the speedo's needle or digital readout, increasing the rate of advancement. You can release the pushbutton to pause, then press again to start advancing more slowly. When you hit 50, stop. The pickup is now calibrated. If you don't want recall, you can then disconnect the switch.

I'm confident this will work on any pwc. I will need a few people to test prototypes on various machines. I have a few week's work to do yet, maybe longer, until I have prototypes available.

Dick

We also are planning to introduce a GPS sending unit to replace the stock unit. Ours will be plug and play, installs inline with your current speedo sending unit connectors,(so that you retain your lake water temp sensor) no splicing of wires to introduce wire corrosion issues, and have two wires with ring terminals to connect to your battery.

These will be potted units to work in the marine environment. Don't have a firm price yet, but are targeting $99 retail.

For whatever it's worth, the OEM pickup on my ski was potted, and it failed.

Looks interesting.
    I guess you will emulate the pulses that the wheel generates for the speed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information