IR holeshot gasket issue....

Have an IR holeshot on my 03 xlt. Went out with it and as soon as id start getting into the throttle it would bog and lay on its face. Had similar issue last year and the rubber ball oblonged and plugged the hole. I replaced it with a new stainless one and problem solved. So i pulled the small flange off that has the rubber gasket on it and its got a tear at the top of it. Can this allow enough water to fill the waterbox to stall the engine, bc its being filled by it and the jetworks feed?

Runs fine on hose....anyone??

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LETHAL RX7 View Post
    Have an IR holeshot on my 03 xlt. Went out with it and as soon as id start getting into the throttle it would bog and lay on its face. Had similar issue last year and the rubber ball oblonged and plugged the hole. I replaced it with a new stainless one and problem solved. So i pulled the small flange off that has the rubber gasket on it and its got a tear at the top of it. Can this allow enough water to fill the waterbox to stall the engine, bc its being filled by it and the jetworks feed?
    If the gasket is ripped it's dumping water in the water box. That will give you a hesitation.

Thanks for reply jim. Its a small rip in it but i figured it could cause an issue because its being filled by two sources. Only differance from last year is hull stuff and its premix 40.1 klotz. Does anyone make a plate rather than the rubber gasket which i knew id have an issue with??

It never recovers from the bog. Evrn trying to feather the throttle it just wont rev. This sound on par??

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LETHAL RX7 View Post
    Thanks for reply jim. Its a small rip in it but i figured it could cause an issue because its being filled by two sources. Only differance from last year is hull stuff and its premix 40.1 klotz. Does anyone make a plate rather than the rubber gasket which i knew id have an issue with??
    PM gus13letter he has the aluminum thick gaskets that do not blow out.

Sweet, thanks again.

true a hesitation until the water blows out, but a small tear in the rubber piece will not fill the box up like if there were none... if you had a bogging issue then, you`ll still have one now, until you find the root cause...

Carbs are coming apart. Thanks guys

Still waiting to hear from gus13 about the metal gasket, or ill b making one. Time being i just siliconed that one up. Tim at PWCfactory pointed me to the returns on the carbs and he was right, they were clogged up. Got it all rebuilt and went out yesterday and turned 14/20 df 7100rpm..thanks for everyones input.

Thread Information