+1

83.83mm polaris 1200 piston

I need one with the rings.. Thanks.. water rail gaskets if you have any also. mine are shot.

+1
    what did you do ????

Banned User
    +1
    You didn't blow up the SLX did you?

+1
    Are you looking for a new piston or used? I have some that came out of a running 1200 slx.

+1
    RL harrisionmm I need all 3. all 3 pistons broke off a chunk on the exhaust side above the rings. it had a 135 across the board too. weird.. ran it for 30 seconds and didnt feel right. i took off the mag and it had a broken chip on it, the middle was deto'd (beat too death) with a chip and the pto is the same as the mag. I found it all in the exhaust pipe.. I need the base gaskets for the jugs, a cylinder head, rings for all 3 and the exhaust gasket for the big pipe. that really blows.. I didnt even run it enough to get it hot. and i need exhaust manifold gaskets too. they were half there too. silicon filled the empty spots..sorta..

when i checked the mag for wash before.. it was spotlessly clean.. looked new. never looked down the pto or center. all 2 had 135psi// thought everything was fine. fired right up too.. so shes dead. sucks..

what should I do? send it all to sharps? I need to get this motor out of there and check the cases too. I bet they arent sealed either like the missing gasket on the red pipe..whoever put this thing together didnt do a good job from what I see. they used sealant on the jug bases where the gasket was missing.. I never took the damm thing apart to check that crap..

I just spent all that time fixing up the outside,mat repair, pump swap,locating the right parts,installing the new stub shaft, wetsanding, sap removal,gas and oil, .. bummer.. happy 4th of july..lol

Now I have to swap out the stator and prop again to get the pros prop and stator back on.. that really sucks...

maybe time to get it bored and go bigger!. Maybe a recreational port job. we'll see.. with the gathering coming up, not sure if i can do all that right now..

maybe just get your pistons and try it again huh? I'm having trouble getting the circlip on the forward side out of the mag piston.. hard to get at without taking the tank out which is full!! errrrr.

+1
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Looks like your gonna have to go thru the whole motor.

Banned User
    +1
    Why not just get a WSM top end kit?

+1
    I would but,,,,,now that this has happened, I really need to find out why it happened. its useless to put pistons in it if you didn't find the cause in the first place. I may just have to guess what happened.

I have no idea why this happened. It may have happened a long time ago and I never knew.I dont think 30 seconds is enough to cause the damage I have. the center piston is so beat up on the top, it looks like ball bearings were in there bouncing around for 10 mins at wot..lol

I will be pulling the entire motor out and starting from scratch. new bores because of the chips on the exhaust ports have me worried about hanging a new ring.

Plus whomever put this together used silicon to mate the exhaust pipe to the manifold and the exhaust gaskets were half missing with silicon as the fix.. The base gaskets were half missing and sealant to fill the voids..UGH! what were they thinking?!!!!

Hell, who knows whats in the cases after the destruction in there. could be loaded with gritties and chunks or the bearings might be bad or anything else i haven't seen yet.

I'm even wondering if the cases are sealed correctly and with the correct sealant.

then the carbs are another unknown.. do they have gaskets on them? what jets are in there anyways? who knows....... diaphrams in good shape? I don't trust any of it now..

I have no idea whats been done to it in the past but from the looks of it,looks to be not put together as you all would assemble one.

then the tempo fuel line issue too. although i did check them and they look great but still gonna change them out too..

might as well get all new gaskets for the entire motor and redo everything from the start. it will be a nice ski when done.

well I see I have another project to work on now..

Thread Information