09 RXTX RIVA I/C Relocation Kit.......OK I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP NOW!!!

Here are 2 threads I started to show some history on this issue.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ion-Kit-vs-VTS

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ssues....Again

Another weekend has passed and I am still not able to enjoy my ski

I just spent about 4 hours taking the bracket out and trying everything I know to get this thing to fit right and I am still hitting the VTS to the point where the tubes will not bolt on or line up correctly.

Thanks to Jared (Jtskier11) and 1tommygunner1927 for the ideas in my last thread, I drilled out and enlarged the bolt holes to make the bracket able to move back and forth once bolted on. I purchased some longer SS Bolts and SS Fender Washers and tried stacking those under the bracket and that did not help. The last time I installed it I was able to pry it the way I wanted it and tightened the bolts with the bracket pulled as far away as it could be, as the intercooler is now about 1/16" away from the hull which is about as close as I want it. As you can see below it is still hitting the VTS. Some people have told me in my previous posts that it hits the VTS on their Ski and it is not a problem, but when I try to install the I/C tubes they won't even come close to lining up to where I could tighten the clamps. I feel that for $550 I should be able to make this bracket work.....does anyone have any advice????

Thanks GH for all the help this far!

+1
    Adding washers moved the IC closer to the engine and reduced the clearance for the IC tubes......remove washers.
    I didn't use the silicone couplers that came with the relocate kit.....I bought 4- 2.75 x 2.50 couplers from:
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index...a24b00789c0645

The VTS and the coupler will still make contact.......to attach the IC tubes:

Place couplers on the IC tubes, both ends, both tubes. Place lower tube (IC to throttle-body) in between the connections and push couplers on to the throttle body and IC. Same for the Upper tube (supercharger to IC). Use T-bolt clamps......attach same, but don't overtighten. Done

Try to see if you can bend the the braket aliitle to the side . If that does not work see if by the takinng the rubber bands off you can fit the intercooler and the pipping I think on mine I wasn't able to tie it down so I just put the intercooler and the pipin and left it like that

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Adding washers moved the IC closer to the engine and reduced the clearance for the IC tubes......remove washers.
    I didn't use the silicone couplers that came with the relocate kit.....I bought 4- 2.75 x 2.50 couplers from:
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index...a24b00789c0645

The VTS and the coupler will still make contact.......to attach the IC tubes:

Place couplers on the IC tubes, both ends, both tubes. Place lower tube (IC to throttle-body) in between the connections and push couplers on to the throttle body and IC. Same for the Upper tube (supercharger to IC). Use T-bolt clamps......attach same, but don't overtighten. Done
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! I am personally struggling with the idea that I paid $550 for a bracket and 2 tubes and I am now going to have to order more parts to make it work correctly. I guess if I want to ride it this year I need to just get over trying to make this fit correctly and break out the credit card again!

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando23 View Post
    Try to see if you can bend the the braket aliitle to the side . If that does not work see if by the takinng the rubber bands off you can fit the intercooler and the pipping I think on mine I wasn't able to tie it down so I just put the intercooler and the pipin and left it like that
    Thanks for the advice! I have bent the bracket to the point to where it was starting to deform. I don't think I can bend it any more....but I wil try and see if that helps. I have been using a 3' long steel prybar and since I am working with an aluminum bracket and fiberglass I am still trying to be careful!!!

+1
    [QUOTE=Vinlsol;1737024]Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! I am personally struggling with the idea that I paid $550 for a bracket and 2 tubes and I am now going to have to order more parts to make it work correctly. I guess if I want to ride it this year I need to just get over trying to make this fit correctly and break out the credit card again!QUOTE]

You can use the silicone couplers that came with the IC relocate kit.....I just wanted a slightly tighter fit. As you mod your ski you may need to make some minor adjustments to some items. Don't be discouraged....every ski is different....they aren't Ferraris, and you may need to fit certain items to work well. The Riva bracket is well made! It just needs some TLC......

+1
    I posted on your first thread.
    Looking at your pics I still say the ic needs to sit further back from vts housing.
    By it sitting further back the tube will be what is closer to vts housing instead of the coupler which is smaller diameter.
    Not sure what is making it sit like that but either the bracket is off of the vts is off.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I posted on your first thread.
    Looking at your pics I still say the ic needs to sit further back from vts housing.
    By it sitting further back the tube will be what is closer to vts housing instead of the coupler which is smaller diameter.
    Not sure what is making it sit like that but either the bracket is off of the vts is off.
    Thanks for the advice!!! I read your thread about you modding the RXP and RXTX and that was my inspiration for the mods to my ski, so I feel like I know you!

The Pic above is with the VTS Bolted in at the pump, it is tight and I cannot move it to the right any more than what you see here. I have ground on the bracket, but can't figure out how to get the I/C farther to the rear as it is sitting completeley to the back of the bracket. I have tried bending it, but the individual pieces of the metal start to deform before it really moves any. Aluminum is that way sometimes. I will take another look at it next weekend when I have some time. It seems like my summer is going to be over before I can get this bracket to fit right!

Any other advice?

Thread Information