Thread: Winterizing question
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM #1
I'm in the middle of winterizing my RXT & Wake.
Im about to fog the cylinders & it says after spraying crank the engine & depress the thorttle to lube the cylinders. Wont this spray fuel all over with the fuel rail and injectors off???
I just want to make sure gas doesnt get all over when i crank it and give it throttle.
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM #2
I was wondering the same thing when i did it. I just put the injectors back on
12-10-2006, 02:36 PM #3
I'd definitely put the injectors back in first.
When you crank the engine over with the throttle full open, I believe it turns off the fuel flow and spark.
12-10-2006, 02:37 PM #4
12-10-2006, 03:22 PM #5
Thanks everyone...I just put everything on & Cranked it
2 more questions
1) in regards to flushing, there are 2 ways 1 at the rear & inside the engine compartment. The one on in the engine compartment is that attachment a option to buy?? I dont see it on either of the boats.
2) How do you remove those OEM hose clamps without damaging them?
Again, thanks for everyones help....Spring time I will install my stage 1...Thanks Jerry for the good pricing
Last edited by sourpower RXT; 12-10-2006 at 07:26 PM.
12-10-2006, 03:25 PM #6
U need okiter pliers or however u spell it but i woudl just pop them lose with a screw driver and replace them with regular stainless worm pipe clamps makes it easier for maintence later on
12-10-2006, 07:07 PM #7
you dont need the flush kit inside the hull the one at the back you hook the hose srait up to is the only one the oher one they show you is for the GTI''s the ones with out a supercharger
04-20-2007, 07:23 PM #8
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
quick question about winterizing here...when putting antifreeze in an scic 4tec, where all do you want it? i know the waterbox and ic, but what about the exhaust manifold? because it says to pour the antifreeze in the silver pipe that connects the waterbox and exhaust manifold. will the antifreeze go into the waterbox and exhaust manifold from there?
if antifreeze does get into the exhaust manifold will it harm the engine?
help is greatly appreciated.
04-20-2007, 07:36 PM #9
The way I would put the antifreze in is the flowing-
1. take a hose that is connected to the water spout and make sure it is empty of all water.
2. Take a funnel and stick it in the hose and fill it with antifreze.
3. hook the hose to the ski with the antifreze in it and start the ski.
4. turn the hose on so that the water pushes the antifreze into the ski.
5. When you see greew water coming out the pisser on the side you know your done so close the water then the ski.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By 05RXPnoob in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
By jerseyshore in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 11-17-2007, 02:02 PM
By psi_2_high in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM
By S&B in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-21-2007, 07:46 AM
By gbest in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2007, 02:59 PM