Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Exclamation New Speed Numbers!

Congradulations to everyone on there NEW best speed numbers! Everyone is working to get the good numbers! You need to remember that with the low winter humity, low air temps , high baro pressure and cooler water comes extreamly good horespower numbers ( lots of good air plus the motors lean themselfs down a little too when this good air is introduced to the engine) most motors will produce 5-10% more HP WHEN these good air days are present. I am not trying to bust anyone bubble. I just want everyone to remember when its 90+ air temps and sticky air why you can"t see the awsom nunbers at the mubbug or on you lake.

+1
    I know. I just needed to get that sticker on my ski. 50° is cold at 80. My 100° best is 78.8

+1
    k

+1
    the way i look at it us florida boys are running the same temp as alot of other areas summer temp today around 76 dergrees. cant wait till the bug and see everybodies real numbers . Jims xlt was running 73.6 today(ski stays glued to the water like none other that i have seen) in thechoppy a#s ruff i belive a full tank fuel. i was running 76.3 @7310 rpm 3/4 tank. could not find glass with 35-40 mile winds(my guesstimate)real windy. supposed to warm back up soon. seems like with cooler temps here comes alot of wind which makes it tough to find smooth water.

+1
    Corrected altitude on Saturday morning was MINUS 20FT. No mudbug weather there! Very dense, nice air, perfect water, no wind. PERFECT.

Today, the wind is howling like crazy.

I don't think anyone, including myself has any illusions of what the weather does for us. Why else would we be down at the water at the butt-crack of dawn waiting for that first, best, run of the day? We know it's great air...and it's fun too! Fun is where it's at.

However, come June, the numbers will be HIGHER than they are now. Not due to the weather, but due to the continued testing. Just like 2006, and 2005 before that.

I predict Kerry will knock down 95mph at the bug. I bet there will be some single pipers near 90. There may be a GPRXP or two there laying down some respectable numbers. I bet there will be a XLT or two with some monster numbers... maybe a CF XLT or two. You might even see some low-80's out of a Polaris or two.

+1
    heck i would be happy to break 80 i feel like iam on a rollercoaster 79.8 one week ,77.5the next, 78.5and so on. i guess i should be a little more patient and it maycome.

+1
    Hydro,it was 20ft below sea level! How long did you hold your breath and how did the ski handle down there.

Come on now......laugh,it was funny.

+1
    It was no problem. There was a 20ft hole in the water....

Best air I've ever seen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Congradulations to everyone on there NEW best speed numbers! Everyone is working to get the good numbers! You need to remember that with the low winter humity, low air temps , high baro pressure and cooler water comes extreamly good horespower numbers ( lots of good air plus the motors lean themselfs down a little too when this good air is introduced to the engine) most motors will produce 5-10% more HP WHEN these good air days are present. I am not trying to bust anyone bubble. I just want everyone to remember when its 90+ air temps and sticky air why you can"t see the awsom nunbers at the mubbug or on you lake.

10-4

...speed is still speed

Last December I ran my best of 74.2. at the Bug in June, I ran 73.9

I agree, congrats to you guys, I'm not there yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information