Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

08 Challenger 230SE-415hp mod advice!!!

Looking to up the power and increase the mph. Willing to spend some money considering all mods will be multiplied by 2. Any suggestions on what it will take to get this boat close to 70mph+. I was looking at upgrades but im not sure if the parts are the same as the 08 rxp sc pwc.

Ideas thus far:
    sc upgrade -
    drive impellers- not sure what ratio considering this is a boat and other recomendations are for PWC
    straight through exhaust
    intercooler upgrade
    pump wedge
    intake upgrade
    possibly larger injectors, ecu, rising fpr ect.

Any suggestions or experience is greatly appreciated, im looking to order this stuff asap.
    Thanks

+1
    That is going to take a lot!!!! I built a Speedster 200 with 430 for a customer and I put a lot of $$$$ in it for him....We gained about 7 or 8 MPH but the props have been a pain in the butt...Still get lots of cavitation on the bottom end(but he wont let me have the boat long enough to try and bend them..He just keeps buying new ones to go on it..)

Check out my build

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=speedster+200

Taking into consideration the challenger 230 is about 3.5ft longer with added weight...do you suggest moding it? I find the hull to be great on this boat...nice v shape, rides well. I was reading you were having issues with the hull on the speedster and it was bouncing around like crazy. You think the longer v hull of the challenger would eliminate the issue you had. Also, if you could do things different in the past build, what would you change or what would you do if you had my boat with a 4500-5000k budget.

+1
    Yes, your hull would be much better!!!!! The speedster hull is just not meant for rough waters...Only flat water!!

The other thing that you have an advantage on is you are ok with used parts. My customer only wanted new parts....So for a 4500 to 5000 you an get a lot of stuff....

The 2010 230 Wake is a awesome boat...Why not go that route, just copy it...Add the X chargers, intercoolers and some air intakes...But you may have to be patient when it comes to finding props....

Where are you located?

ontario canada...would i get the same impellers as on the 2010 stock?

Also any need to change injectors and ecu with the x charger upgrade?

+1
    The problem with getting the stock impellers for a Challenger with 510 is that SD cant tell me if they will fit the impeller shaft or not...There is/was a difference in the shaft for the 2010 and no one knows if the 2010 prop will fit on a previous year shaft or not...

We added the ECU's to get more RPM's hoping that we would see 70's..You will defiantely need to change the injectors to run the X SC and maybe a RRFPR...We opted for the ECU's so I didnt have run all the junk for the RRFPR...Easier to bolt a ecu on the one of those....

I asked where you were located to see if you were close to me down here in the lower 48 incase you might want to look at my project or need any help, but Canada is a little far away...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The problem with getting the stock impellers for a Challenger with 510 is that SD cant tell me if they will fit the impeller shaft or not...There is/was a difference in the shaft for the 2010 and no one knows if the 2010 prop will fit on a previous year shaft or not...

We added the ECU's to get more RPM's hoping that we would see 70's..You will defiantely need to change the injectors to run the X SC and maybe a RRFPR...We opted for the ECU's so I didnt have run all the junk for the RRFPR...Easier to bolt a ecu on the one of those....

I asked where you were located to see if you were close to me down here in the lower 48 incase you might want to look at my project or need any help, but Canada is a little far away...LOL
    What ecu would i use for my challenger and where did you get the ones you used?
    Would 48's be enough for injectors or should i go with 50's. Another thing, could i just pitch the stock impellers instead?

+1
    We went with 8400 RPM ecu's from Les Cooke....Someone on the forum may have some used for sale but that one you might have to bite the bullet and buy new.....

If you are good at pitching the prop you may be able to bend yours to make it work....Prop work on a project liek this is going to take time...bend it, test it, rebend it...test it...bend it etc.....

As far as the injectors go, we ran X injectors for the 2010..Dont remember what they are
    Last edited by Tiny; 07-06-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: more info

What do you think about me adding rxp reduction nozzles with changable rings to adjust rpm? you think that could make life more easy once the upgrades are on?
    Also how high of rpms before valves are needed to be changed?...might do the retainers and springs. Thanks for your time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information