Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seattle area Sea-Doo techs?

I know this isn't a "ride" thread, but looking for local (Seattle-area) info on Sea-Doo techs. Ride Motorsports is the closest to my house, but no idea how well they know their stuff.

Eventually I'd like to learn how to do everything (or almost everything) myself. If anyone in the area has a similar ski and would be willing to show me the basics, I'd be most grateful! I have the shop manual for my ski, but I'm not always clear on how the pictures/diagrams translate to "real life".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Midd1994 View Post
    I know this isn't a "ride" thread, but looking for local (Seattle-area) info on Sea-Doo techs. Ride Motorsports is the closest to my house, but no idea how well they know their stuff.

Eventually I'd like to learn how to do everything (or almost everything) myself. If anyone in the area has a similar ski and would be willing to show me the basics, I'd be most grateful! I have the shop manual for my ski, but I'm not always clear on how the pictures/diagrams translate to "real life".
    Dude, I've done just about everything you can do to these 4-tec skis. I even have a CanDoo Pro with 2 available VINS. If you ever need anything (and I mean anything) done to your ski - call me.

Craigo (425) 457-1101

P.S. I'm in Kirkland.

+1
    Hey, if u ever just need a hand give me a call. I know the basic stuff ie. pump pulling, SC pulling, or if you just need a hand i'd love to help out and learn! I'll be at college come august 17th and i play football so i wont be available for a month or two. My names Oliver:2533706576. I live in Gig Harbor.

Thanks for the replies, and I'll likely be in touch.

Short-term I'd like to be able to change my own oil and do regular maintenance tasks, plus sometime in September or October pull the supercharger so I can send it out for a rebuild. (Not sure I should be rebuilding something that spins at 40,000 RPM...) There seem to be a lot of relatively simple repair/maintenance tasks that I should be able to do myself and not pay $100/hr for somebody else to do (after the ski sits in their queue for a few days).

+1
    Thanks for the replies, and I'll likely be in touch.

Short-term I'd like to be able to change my own oil and do regular maintenance tasks, plus sometime in September or October pull the supercharger so I can send it out for a rebuild. (Not sure I should be rebuilding something that spins at 40,000 RPM...) There seem to be a lot of relatively simple repair/maintenance tasks that I should be able to do myself and not pay $100/hr for somebody else to do (after the ski sits in their queue for a few days).
    The charger is easy - after you've done it once. My problem is that - I don't trust the idiots at the dealership (or anybody else) to rebuild something of mine that spins 40,000+ RPMs.

How many hours do you have on your ski?

Craigo

Not to hijack the thread, but Craigo are you willing to use up one of your VINS on that CanDoo Pro? I have a 07 GTX155 that just went over 100hrs and now I have the maintenance warning flash on the screen when starting. Haven't asked the dealer how much they would charge to clear it. I'm in Maple Valley.
    paul

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by paul100 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but Craigo are you willing to use up one of your VINS on that CanDoo Pro? I have a 07 GTX155 that just went over 100hrs and now I have the maintenance warning flash on the screen when starting. Haven't asked the dealer how much they would charge to clear it. I'm in Maple Valley.
    paul
    Find out what your dealer would charge you first. The first time I needed a key programmed by the dealer - they only charged me a case of beer. -$18.00

I don't have a problem sharing my CanDoo Pro - but I'm invested $400.00 into it and would like to use up a VIN for more than just a Maint reset.

Let me know what your dealer says.

Craigo

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    The charger is easy - after you've done it once. My problem is that - I don't trust the idiots at the dealership (or anybody else) to rebuild something of mine that spins 40,000+ RPMs.

How many hours do you have on your ski?

Craigo

Just realized that summer isn't far off and I still need to get my supercharger overhauled. I think I have close to 80 hours on the ski, but still with the OEM ceramic washers. Any chance you (or someone else reading this thread) would have time to assist with supercharger removal, say sometime in the next month or so? Also, what tools will I need for the task? I probably have what's needed, but want to make sure I can get them pulled out of the various boxes.

+1
    Just realized that summer isn't far off and I still need to get my supercharger overhauled. I think I have close to 80 hours on the ski, but still with the OEM ceramic washers. Any chance you (or someone else reading this thread) would have time to assist with supercharger removal, say sometime in the next month or so? Also, what tools will I need for the task? I probably have what's needed, but want to make sure I can get them pulled out of the various boxes.
    I have all the tools and my number hasn't changed.

+1
    I am available to if you need help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information