Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    eVolution54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Champlain, NY
    Posts
    13

    02' Ultra 150 fuel gauge

    Hi guys,

    I'm kind of new around here and this is my first post on the forum. I just bought a second hand 02' Ultra 150 and it seems like it has issues with the fuel gauge. I've been doing quite a lot of searching for the past few days on the internet on what may be the source of the problem and apparently it's due to a malfunctioning sending unit.

    My concern here is that I absolutely have no experience whatsoever on how to get the sending unit out of the fuel tank and clean it.

    If you guys could point me on how to get that thing out or a link to somewhere...a video would be very useful.

    Thanks a lot guys !


  2. #2
    pokechop2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    summerville sc
    Posts
    223
    its not hard take the two knee pads off the side of the hull an you will see three bolts on each side remove the main brace,then disconnect the fuel lines,electral connector an the bottom band clamb on the sender unit,pull straight up an she will come out.

  3. #3
    eVolution54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Champlain, NY
    Posts
    13
    Thanks for the answer ! I tried pulling it out for about an hour yesterday when I figured I had to take off the two knee pads. My question is ; Will I be able to put those knee pads back where they were because they seem kind of glued to the watercraft ? And how exactly am I suppose to take those off ? Do I just rip them off ?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    pokechop2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    summerville sc
    Posts
    223
    when you take off the knee pads there are two metal retainers inside the hull that help hold them on clip them off you will not be able to reuse them, then peel off carefully an you can reuse the pads. to reuse the pads clean off excess glue on the hull an pad real good,then buy some gorrills glue an apply just enought to the pad an then apply 3m double sided tape to the pad then peel backing of tape an apply it to the hull,push firmly thats after the glue dries for a bit before u apply to the hull.

  5. #5
    eVolution54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Champlain, NY
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by pokechop2006 View Post
    when you take off the knee pads there are two metal retainers inside the hull that help hold them on clip them off you will not be able to reuse them, then peel off carefully an you can reuse the pads. to reuse the pads clean off excess glue on the hull an pad real good,then buy some gorrills glue an apply just enought to the pad an then apply 3m double sided tape to the pad then peel backing of tape an apply it to the hull,push firmly thats after the glue dries for a bit before u apply to the hull.
    Thanks for the answer. I managed to take the sending unit out of the fuel tank and clean the float and track but that didn't solve my problem. The thing is that the fuel gauge on the screen is showing as if fuel tank is always almost full (the whole gauge is full -1 "square"). When I try to move the float inside the sending unit, it's not doing anything unless I place it at the position where my tank would be full. If I try going lower than that, it's not moving at all. I'm almost positive that the problem is inside the sending unit itself but I still have a doubt.

    If someone had that kind of problem before could you help me on what would be my next step ? I'm thinking about buying a new sending unit but if I do and the issue is still the same, I'm screwed because those things are almost 250$..

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !
    Thanks

  6. #6
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,014
    +1
    285
    Keep in mind that the fuel level circuit has a long time constant. It takes about 10 seconds for it to update.

  7. #7
    eVolution54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Champlain, NY
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Keep in mind that the fuel level circuit has a long time constant. It takes about 10 seconds for it to update.
    Yeah, I kept that in mind when I checked it last time but it doesn't seem to go lower than a full tank minus 1 "square". It seems like it's semi working, because it's kind of moving when the tank is full, but it's not doing anything under that...

    I don't know if I should just completly change it or if there's something I didn't check.

    Thanks for your help !

  8. #8
    twokexlv6coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    north jerz
    Posts
    568
    +1
    54
    We're having almost the same exact problem with my buddies 01 Ultra 150, his gas gauge is barely ever accurate, so we just judge it off my STX's gauge.

    I would imagine if it's not the float or the sender, than that would normally mean the gauge is faulty.

  9. #9
    DILTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SOUTHEAST TEXAS
    Posts
    112
    +1
    4
    I am going through the same problem with both my 02 and 05 Ultra always show 1 bar low that's it. I have pulled them both cleaned them both up used each one in the other ski to check and make sure fuel gage is working properly. The problem lies with the level meter itself. The part number you are looking for on a 02 Ultra is 27010-3776 the cheapest i have found one is for $230 plus shipping. i have posts on this board and others looking for a used one but no luck.

  10. #10
    eVolution54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Champlain, NY
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by DILTS View Post
    I am going through the same problem with both my 02 and 05 Ultra always show 1 bar low that's it. I have pulled them both cleaned them both up used each one in the other ski to check and make sure fuel gage is working properly. The problem lies with the level meter itself. The part number you are looking for on a 02 Ultra is 27010-3776 the cheapest i have found one is for $230 plus shipping. i have posts on this board and others looking for a used one but no luck.
    I've seen a cheaper one on ebay, for about 75$...don't know if it's worth a shot or if I should buy it brand new...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ultra 150 Fuel Gauge issue
    By SplishSplash in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 05:16 PM
  2. 2000 kawasaki ultra 150 gas gauge not working HELP
    By dlimz in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
  3. Ultra 150 Gas gauge
    By Boostt in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 05:22 PM
  4. Ultra 150 Fuel Gauge
    By Mack77 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 09:23 PM
  5. 2000 kawasaki ultra 150 gas gauge reads 3/4 when empty?
    By trent0416 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •