Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    saltydog

951 performance (post them hear)

well im new go figure
    i ride a 1998 seadoo xp limited yea i know big whoopppp right.

well i enjoy my ski a ton and couldnt be happier with my very small investment.

but as luck would have it i got an itch to go a bit faster yea i know its stock it cant be fast... and your proably very right..( i did hang with the palm beach in the picture it has a merc 225 efi) which felt quite fast to me on the ski.. i think we were at 45/50 on semi flat water in the black river..

so as the title says what are some of the typical bolt on/swap over/aftermarket parts that are readily available for the 951 motor.. and post a link to where they can be purchased

hears my new baby at the hose with its friends.. yes we had to do some wrnching on the gs.

oh yea i love reading up on this board.. hours of good info to get lost in.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH. simple things like flame arrestors and a rejet kit work wonders for throttle response. you can also do a prop and nozzle combo. i would say anything out side of that and you are going to be playing with fire....I think that you buddy needs to invest in a seat for his GS,

+1
    X2 on the flame arrestors and rejet kit. I like this on the 951s just to get rid of the big PITA stock air box.

If you like wrenching and spending money then go nuts. If you like a nice reliable ride then leave it at flame arrestors, rejet and maybe a prop.

Read the sticky at the top "Bens secret mods" this will give you an idea of the time and effort that goes into making a fast ski.

saltydog
    ive looked over been 951 secret mod sticky probably 100 times in the past 2 weeks..

the gs does have a seat lol just needed some tlc before we got it out on the water 1 hr later it was good to go.)

i keep hearing about parts like the 97.5 white pipes. are they a good upgrade or is their better out their in a reasonable price range.

is their any good ignition upgrades./spark enhancers i found a msd unti http://www.freestylefactory.com/msd-...8-sea-doo.html but it seems to say it replaces the stock ecu. i would rather go with a reflash ecu and just help the spark,think spark amplifier like the msd blaster coil with a 6al box(think car racing)

is their a good place to send the mpem/ecu to for a reflash better fuel/timing curve

i have seen talks about the http://www.microtouchinc.com/ rev/timing adjuster is this similar to the msd unit i posted above.

ive herd talks bout manifolds like r&d and have looked over their site
    http://www.rd-performance.com/newpro...seadoo/951.asp
    they offer 2 different types the dominator and the regular manifold.

i would honestly like to keep my stock heads and possibly port them or get them reworked( i like factory look) but i don't mind putting a open air element filter on the ski i consider that a bolt on. and i want to also keep my stock carbs and get them reworked unless i am told its a major setback but i haven't seen any talks of that.

in the end my goal would be a stroker motor 1050 with worked carbs/heads with the general bolt ons and be able to touch the 70mph mark and keep the rpm's below 8,000

sorry for the long post.

+1
    *subscribed..I'm interested in hearing everything said here...
    Welcome to GH its a cool place

+1
    Good looking ski and there are a lot of people here that can help you on mods. Jim Budnick has helped me a lot and has lots of parts and expertise on the 951. His name here is jim

Check those fuel lines. If they are grey, replace them immediately.

saltydog
    so any more info on my above post?
    anyone?

i know about the internal filters on the carbs and the crappy grey factory lines.

im looking at options on performance what what should be first the season is mid way hear and id rather ride my ski and do upgrades over the winter and come out next yr putting boat lengths on the 4 stroker skis in my waters.

the bens 951 is great and goes over a ton of info... im trying to get into specific parts of the post he made.. he dosnt really cover specifics of what was or is available.. maybe the parts that are out now were not when the post was created...
    his post was created in 2006 its 2011 now.. allot of new products may have been engineered and making the 70mph mark is allot easier than it was.

+1
    Hitting 70 mph on a XPL is difficult and a lot of headaches involved. I ran a coffmans pipe, rejet kit, milled head, lightened flywheel, rinaldi reeds, remapped mpem, 97 xp ride plate and intake grate, dynafly prop and a DI waterbox. Best I got was 69.6 mph and averaged 69 mph. That was with a 1050 bigbore motor.
    I decided I wanted a more reliable ski, so I went with a 97 1/2 gsxl white pipe and manifold, rejet kit, rossier head, lightened flywheel, rinaldi reeds, remapped mpem. 97 xp ride plate/intake grate, stock prop repitched and a DI waterbox. It ran 66 mph consistantly and got there quick. I had Jim set me up with a 920 big bore cylinder and wiseco pistons with no port work done. I put 120 hours on that setup with not one hiccup.
    In the end its what type of setup you want and how much your willing to wrench on. I preferred reliability in the end and that was a great setup.
    SHOOTER

+1

WTD Seadoo 951 Big Bore Pistons

Looking for 951 Big bore pistons over 91mm and I'd like to find some flat tops for a project im doing if anyone has any leads please PM or email me I don’t get a chance to look throw posts or threads much.
    my email is [email protected]
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information