no power, no start, no nothing... Completly lost

on my 04 rxp that just had some motor work done to it last year, went to take it out on the water for the first time a week or two ago. ran great, no problems and on the way back in i was crusing fine, then died. wiggled the key around and fired back up went a bit, hit a little wave and shut off. played with the key and after awhile it fired up for about 10 seconds then gauges wouldnt light up, no fuel pump, nothing. tried both keys and still dont have any power to anything. i dont know what to look for, the battery is brand new. Replaced the starter solonoid last year too. all the fuses are fine, battery connections are clean and fine as well. Any ideas? could it be a bad ground on the motor? and where is that located??
    Lastly if i needed a new dess port will my keys still work on that or no?
    Thanks guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrxp View Post
    on my 04 rxp that just had some motor work done to it last year, went to take it out on the water for the first time a week or two ago. ran great, no problems and on the way back in i was crusing fine, then died. wiggled the key around and fired back up went a bit, hit a little wave and shut off. played with the key and after awhile it fired up for about 10 seconds then gauges wouldnt light up, no fuel pump, nothing. tried both keys and still dont have any power to anything. i dont know what to look for, the battery is brand new. Replaced the starter solonoid last year too. all the fuses are fine, battery connections are clean and fine as well. Any ideas? could it be a bad ground on the motor? and where is that located??
    Lastly if i needed a new dess port will my keys still work on that or no?
    Thanks guys
    You say you checked the fuses. Did you check the the 2 fuses in the harness mounted on the side of the mpem by the solenoid? Very common for those fuses to lose contact from arching or corrosion. As for the grounds, they are on the front of the engine.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    I would be looking at the dess post and its wiring plug and also try learners key

Thread Information