Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 Honda R12x max speed?

I bought this ski brand new. hitting 70mph several times on glass bone stock. no it wasnt using gps. next summer i added macsboost stage II kit and it ran slower. i tried all 3 different size hoses that come with the kit. 63 was my max speed. this summer i added a turbo upgrade from H20 extreme and im back up to 66mph. >>>>>i just bought a intake grade from R D. Should i go back to my stock impellar? vs the solas? i really think the solas is killing my top end speed. I dont care about the accelarations bc when you race other jetski's its top speed that wins not takeoff. any ideas. also i run 110fuel mixed with 93

basically i'd rather spend some extra $ to get more top speed otherwise im gonna sell my honda and buy an rxp255. To be completly honest after spending alot of $$$$ on the macsboost kit and upgraded turbo im very disapointed. and after all that im running slower on my topspeed from stock. i wish i would have never done anything to it because i was hitting 70 all the time stock

There is no way a stock std R12x would ever hit 70mph.......
    Our old race R12x did around the 73-74mph, after an ECU, Turbo, Intercooler, exhaust and pump mods.

+1
    your speed sensor must be off-way off! my stock f-12 did 62 mph bone stock in the best conditions, that was gps speed. did the macs boost stage 2 kit and exhaust from h20 im still messing with impellers but im up to bout 66 67 now....

In the absolute BEST conditions a stock R12X MIGHT hit 63. 61 to 62 is closer to actual top stock speed.
    RPM = speed and a stock R12X turning 6100ish RPM will not get anywhere near 70.

Did you monitor the RPM before, and after the mods? There should be a Very good seat off the pants diff in accelertion.

before my h20 extreme turbo upgrade i was around 6300rpm and if i changed the the hoses on the macsboost kit i believe it was the smallest of the 3 hoses that came in the kit that come off the turbo to the bov it made the jetski bounce of the rev limiter. so im runnin the 17.5 hose i believe. but after this h20 turbo im only running around 6000-6100 rpm...i just wanna run fast top speed. everything else is pointless. i dont understand why the hell honda always makes everything underpowered. from the start it only had 165hp and on the best condition running race fuel my jetski makes 215hp apparently with the macsboost stage 2 kit. im not sure if the h20 turbo makes that much more HP over stock...it is alot larger and they claim it pushes 2x the cfm i believe stock is 200cfm and theres are around 400cfm.

i just bought an RD intake grate other than that what else can i do to get a better top speed. it pisses me off that it can't hang with the other newer jetski's

yah i was bouncing off the rev limiter after the macsboost stage 2 kit....kit comes with 3 diff turbo hoses. right now im running the 17.5 which doesnt make it redline but it also doesnt give me the most power either. idk im just pissed with the top speed

Something is not right on your ski. Maybe try switching to the Stock turbo again and see what happens?
    With just the mods I have I can hold between 6350 ,and 6450rpm ,and that is enough for me to hang with my buddys stock 07 RXP.

It usually hits 6500rpm leaving the line and falls to 6400ish rpm. Will maintain 6400rpm most of the time but after lots of riding in the current hot water temps it falls into the 6350 range.

i can't ... stock turbo took a shit after 12hrs of use...and ofcourse it was out of warrenty by then. so instead of buyin another stock one i upgraded with H20 extreme's turbo kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda22guy View Post
    I bought this ski brand new. hitting 70mph several times on glass bone stock. no it wasnt using gps. next summer i added macsboost stage II kit and it ran slower. i tried all 3 different size hoses that come with the kit. 63 was my max speed. this summer i added a turbo upgrade from H20 extreme and im back up to 66mph.
    Non-GPS speeds are completely inaccurate. You should not use speedometer readings to make judgements about the performance benefits of mods.

basically i'd rather spend some extra $ to get more top speed otherwise im gonna sell my honda and buy an rxp255.
    If you were looking for top speed that would have been a much, much better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vnm02 View Post
    There is no way a stock std R12x would ever hit 70mph......
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastrat View Post
    your speed sensor must be off-way off!
    +1 to both.

i just wanna run fast top speed. everything else is pointless. i dont understand why the hell honda always makes everything underpowered.
    The issue isn't so much that of power as of Honda's hull designs. For example, the Yamaha FZR has something like 210hp and the F-15X claims 200hp, so basically the same. The difference in stock (and potential) top speed is the result of the weight and hull design.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information