Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Turbo Tech Kit vs H20Xtreme Kit

What are the major differences between the two kits? Pros? Cons? I know the Turbo Tech is a bit more expensive. Just wondering if it's worth the extra grand. I'd like to hear your input on the two kits.

+1
    As i know! Turbo Tech used Borg werner EFR , H2O have two choice Garrett GTX or Precision Turbo.
    Wait for expert TURBO answer..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SingTH View Post
    As i know! Turbo Tech used Borg werner EFR , H2O have two choice Garrett GTX or Precision Turbo.
    Wait for expert TURBO answer..
    Yeah I'm kinda leaning toward the h20 cause the Precision 5830 has been proven to be an awesome turbo. Gold06rxp ran 90+ with this turbo. Also this kit comes with an intercooler while the turbo tech doesn't. Just seems like a better deal for the rec rider.

+1
    you also have a choice with the turbo tech PR kit whether you want the borg warner one or the older style one.

whilst i have gone the path of malvins turbo, there is more then meets the eye with just the external appearance of the turbo. i would say alot of hours has gone into malvins choice of what is used inside the turbo..

i have seen the earlier version of the h20extreme kit which is near where i live.. comparing it to malvins kit, i would say the difference is at least $2k in terms of making it. nothing wrong with the h20xtreme kit... but I work as a engineer so fussy about detail..and i have been around turbo's for awhile.. i could not get something that well made here for what malvin charges

i would go as far as saying it actually isnt fair to compare the two...

this is just my opinion and not meaning to flame anyone...

..you get what you pay for....There are glowing deferences just within the two descriptions

+1
    Retro, if you are referring to the first kit that was made that went on my ski which you can see on my first turbo build then I would have to agree with you. That kit was sub-par and nothing close to what we are making now. That initial kit had a Journal bearing non billet wheel turbo which has no comparison with the turbo we offer now which is the Precission Billet Ball bearing turbos. Another downside the first kit had was the waterbox which we made to reduce noise. We found that it caused too much restriction and didn’t help the turbo/engine breath well. We have come a long way from that kit and sorry to hear you are basing your thoughts of H20 on that initial kit.

I also have to disagree with saying that we are using “Old Style” Turbos. Just because it’s new doesn’t always mean it’s better. The only advantage of the Borg Warner turbos is that it comes with a built in BOV which I also see as a disadvantage because this turbo isn’t made to be in a marine environment and with water splashing around the BOV area eventually it will start to rust and possibly cause boost leaks and problems with the turbo. We went with the Precission turbos because the have been proven to work and are capable of making close to 600HP!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Retro, if you are referring to the first kit that was made that went on my ski which you can see on my first turbo build then I would have to agree with you. That kit was sub-par and nothing close to what we are making now. That initial kit had a Journal bearing non billet wheel turbo which has no comparison with the turbo we offer now which is the Precission Billet Ball bearing turbos. Another downside the first kit had was the waterbox which we made to reduce noise. We found that it caused too much restriction and didnít help the turbo/engine breath well. We have come a long way from that kit and sorry to hear you are basing your thoughts of H20 on that initial kit.

I also have to disagree with saying that we are using ďOld StyleĒ Turbos. Just because itís new doesnít always mean itís better. The only advantage of the Borg Warner turbos is that it comes with a built in BOV which I also see as a disadvantage because this turbo isnít made to be in a marine environment and with water splashing around the BOV area eventually it will start to rust and possibly cause boost leaks and problems with the turbo. We went with the Precission turbos because the have been proven to work and are capable of making close to 600HP!

lol.. apologies if you read that wrong... i didnt mean you guys were using the old style turbo's.. i meant you could buy the "old style" being the non borg warner ones from malvin as well!!! i went for the "old style" turbo with external wastegate etc for the ocean riding that i do... and yes, i am referring to the first kit.. i have to say i havent seen the new ones so cannot compare it to that.

the new owner is happy with the setup and its running, so please dont get me wrong.. i think bang for buck, the kit you have here is great... as i stated, i am fussy with things being over engineered and i wanted pipework specifically done for my external wastegate setup etc.. as a kit, what you have here is great and is a great turn key solution. but thanks for clearing it up...

so to clarify what i am saying, yes i am comparing it to the first kit.. which i have seen first hand.. on the new kit, i have not seen it in real life.. so cannot give an honest opinion of it..but think its great value for money and awesome that someone can buy the whole thing complete... because for those that have had ENOUGH of superchargers, turbo is the only way to go... no matter which setup it is!!!!

[QUOTE=ImAShark;1738715]Retro, if you are referring to the first kit that was made that went on my ski which you can see on my first turbo build then I would have to agree with you. That kit was sub-par and nothing close to what we are making now. That initial kit had a Journal bearing non billet wheel turbo which has no comparison with the turbo we offer now which is the Precission Billet Ball bearing turbos. Another downside the first kit had was the waterbox which we made to reduce noise. We found that it caused too much restriction and didnít help the turbo/engine breath well. We have come a long way from that kit and sorry to hear you are basing your thoughts of H20 on that initial kit.

wow when i bought this kit from you there was nothing mentioned about it being sub par.
    thanks for letting me know this now after the sale and waiting 3to4 months to get it
    knowing now that i`m going to have to redo all the pipework. it would have worked out cheaper for me to buy one of the new kits that are supposed to work well or one of malvins terminaters that are proven
    i see you say you sorry retro is basing his thoughts on the initial kit but when you sell sub par products thats not only a reflection on the first product but your reputation as a business aswell
    maybe as a goodwill gesture you could try and come up with a decent deal on the new improved kit so i don`t have to try and polish a piece of shit because at the end of the day it`s still a piece of shit

ImAshark- The only advantage of the Borg Warner turbos is that it comes with a built in BOV which I also see as a disadvantage because this turbo isnít made to be in a marine environment and with water splashing around the BOV area eventually it will start to rust and possibly cause boost leaks and problems with the turbo. We went with the Precission turbos because the have been proven to work and are capable of making close to 600HP![/QUOTE]
    My friend Orlando with all your respect,did you really won it me to talk about turbochargers and the difference between the EFR unit and your unit??

+1
    [QUOTE=morten;1740371]
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Retro, if you are referring to the first kit that was made that went on my ski which you can see on my first turbo build then I would have to agree with you. That kit was sub-par and nothing close to what we are making now. That initial kit had a Journal bearing non billet wheel turbo which has no comparison with the turbo we offer now which is the Precission Billet Ball bearing turbos. Another downside the first kit had was the waterbox which we made to reduce noise. We found that it caused too much restriction and didnít help the turbo/engine breath well. We have come a long way from that kit and sorry to hear you are basing your thoughts of H20 on that initial kit.

wow when i bought this kit from you there was nothing mentioned about it being sub par.
    thanks for letting me know this now after the sale and waiting 3to4 months to get it
    knowing now that i`m going to have to redo all the pipework. it would have worked out cheaper for me to buy one of the new kits that are supposed to work well or one of malvins terminaters that are proven
    i see you say you sorry retro is basing his thoughts on the initial kit but when you sell sub par products thats not only a reflection on the first product but your reputation as a business aswell
    maybe as a goodwill gesture you could try and come up with a decent deal on the new improved kit so i don`t have to try and polish a piece of shit because at the end of the day it`s still a piece of shit
    If you think Orlando's kit is such a piece of shit feel free to make one that makes you happy instead of bashing his kit. Didn't mean for this thread to turn into a two sided pissing match but that's what it has turned into..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information