Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    +1

95 XP800 revival.

A couple weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to pick up a ski I have dreamed about owning since 1997, a 95 XP800. These were made just for racing and only 500 of them were produced for the 95 year. These were the fastest of the X4 hulled sea-Doos with a 787cc engine producing 110hp. What made these machines so different from the regular produced 96xp was the pump was setback in the hull about 3" back. This ski was fast enough to twist driveshafts right from the factory! Finding a clean one is Hard to find as these were ridden very hard in several race seasons, and some are still used today in classes. Lots of them have been scrapped or left for dead. Some are still out there in pristine condition, but they are few and far between. The one I have for right now I will rank a 7 out of 10. The reason I rank it so high is because the machine still has the original decals on the side of the hull. Lots of them were removed since they were pink. As they are not perfect, they are still there. Many of these machines on the water still today have had the decals remove long ago, thus removing the collectability of the machine.

I go this ski with the engine in a bin. It had a bent crank. This did not bother me as I had just sold a jetmate, which was gonna be converted to a sea-doo 787 engine, and had the engine on the shelf ready to go for it. So with the jetmate gone, this engine was ready to get put into use.

Time to pull the seat off and get started on this thing:

Yikes. Nice to see someone took no pride in removing anything properly. Another example of why certain people need supervision when working with tools! Time to get this stuff out and clean the inside of the hull and start with a clean inside hull:

Much better! Went through some wiring and noticed no wires appeared cut and the engine was ready to drop in:

Engine is in and mounted. Time to put a battery in it and see of this sucker has any power. Success! The gauges light up. But that's it. I have no key. That's an easy fix:

Candoo to the rescue! Successfully keyed it with 2 keys. Also got to look at the hour meter on the machine:

94 original hours! Poor ski did a lot of sitting around! It was interesting it had the original owners name in the ecu. Maybe I'll look him up and see if he did any racing with this machine. Would be neat to know a little history on it.

After getting the keys hooked up, I hit the start button. Success! Machine turns over very strong, and has tons of spark!

+1
    Here was what one of the carbs looked like inside:

Cleaned them both and assembled back together with new lines off of them:

+1
    got all the fuel lines changed:

I also hooked up drain line, case oiler lines and put new injection lines:

+1
    Got the exhaust and carbs in. All hooked up. Adjusted the oil injection pump.

Put a battery in and it came to life! Sounds very very healthy for an engine I know nothing about. The carbs were equipped with ocean pro filters on them. Me being an R&D dealer, I had on another set of carbs, there was a complete power plenum filter setup with adapters. Unfortunately, someone stripped the Allen heads right out. And being a flush mount system, there was no way of getting them out without some thinking. That's where my bridgeport came in:

Swapped it all over the carbs on the ski and is ready to go!

+1
    Got the old garbage mats off. 16 years of dirt and grime to remove!

This came out even better than I thought. Hydro-Turf really has steeped it up with their Designs. This made this ski:

+1
    All done. I had alot of fun doing a ski like this. It was saved from going in the trash and I was lucky enough to make it beautiful again.

+1
    It was also a ski I got to do that I've wanted for so long, but my girl also has a thing for pink. So I surprised her one night when she came over:

Just 2 weeks later I was showing her what to do:

I can honestly say the Setback pump makes this the most fun x4 I've ever ridden!

+1
    Excellent job

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    awesome rescue! she cleaned up well!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    awesome rescue! she cleaned up well!
    The ski cleaned up nice too lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information