Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1

Need help with a missing bolt on our Ultra 260x

I know this may seem like small potatoes and all but my b/f bought a '09 260x about a month ago and over the w-end we checked the oil. We noticed a bolt missing on the cover of the engine. There seems to be only one bolt on that side (right side of engine if your sitting on the seat looking ahead), closer to the front. My b/f, who is new to pwc'ing (I'm a 14yr vet myself) thinks he can just get any old bolt from Home Depot but I'm not so sure. It's probably a special size or marine grade or along that line. Anyhoo, I decided to look at one of those schematic things and while I'm no idiot, found it difficult to know for sure if the bolt I found is the one he needs. I attached a picture of the scematic with an arrow pointing to the bolt I think it may be. What I'm not sure about is, does this bolt come thru the cover. I can't tell from the picture. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    and no, it wasn't rolling around in the hull-- we looked..lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bolt.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	244642  

Quote Originally Posted by awarrick View Post
    I attached a picture of the scematic with an arrow pointing to the bolt I think it may be.
    No, what you are showing on the schematic (inside engine) and what you are saying as one on the engine cover (external) are NOT the same.

Just remove one next to the missing one, and take it to a Kawi dealer and show them and get the exactly same one. A bolt should not cost a fortune.

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1
    I saw the link and photo-- no, this doesn't look like a bolt was sheered off, there's truly a "hole" flush to the metal that looks like a bolt fits into. I know, it's not a huge deal and we keep our skiis at the lake otherwise I'd just walk out and look again but the lake is an hour away. I'm just not going to worry about it--

+1
    well if its a rocker cover bolt missing you would have an oily mess in your hull, if it is the one posted in the 2nd link above then you have nothing to worry about they all have it but it isnt used.

Thread Information