Pro 1200 shut down and died

I have a 2000 Polaris PRO1200,I just installed a new AGM battery in it 3 weeks ago and its been starting up with no problems.
    This weekend while out on the water, it shut down and the display went off - completely dead. I was hoping it was just the battery connection, but after checking connections, that didn't seem to be it.
    I noticed the battery did come lose in its setting probably after hitting some waves.
    But it shut down while in a no wake zone going 5 mph.
    Any advice would be sooo appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is the electrical system completely dead?

Did the battery posts perhaps touch the electrical box shell? If so, look for burned Black wires in the cable to the magneto stator housing.

Also check for a popped up white button on the Reset Button (which is actually a circuit breaker). If it has popped up, press it back down.

Thanks for your help.
    Yes, system seems completely dead, engine shut off, display went dead while out on the water. It seems the battery came loose, bands came off, probably after hitting waves.
    The AGM battery posts had the red & black covers still on them so I don't think touched the shell of the electrical box.Didn't see any burned wires, either. I pulled the battery out and will put it on the charger, although its a 3 week old battery, so I don't think that's it.
    Hopefully its as simple as the reset button.
    Do you have a diagram or illustration of the installation of the battery and electrical box so I'm sure I'm installing this correctly?
    I sincerely appreciate any help.

Dear K447 - the seal on my electrical box opened and it got wet. I reconnected it and when I hit the reset button, it sizzled with white smoke, so I immediately disconnected the battery. When looking at the connections, I have some serious corrosion. Instead of trying to replace each fuse & circuit< i'm looking to buy an entire box for my 2000 Pro1200. I can find the parts, but can't find a whole box already wired. I don't think I'm capable of rewiring it myself. Any advice on where I can buy a box would be so appreciated.

+1
    Are you looking for the entire wire harness with electrical box attached, or just a new electrical box and contents?

Either way, I suggest calling John Zigler. He may have what you need. Contact info via the Parts Sources page from my signature links.

Thanks much. I'm looking for the electrical box and contents. I was able to unplug each of the wired connectors and removed box. Have lots of corrosion, I hope its just the box. 'will drop John Z a note.
    Are any of the boxes on the different Polaris models compatible in case I can't find one for a PRO1200?

+1
    Many of the electrical boxes for the red domestic engines are very similar.

The CDI ignition module in there is expensive to replace. If it needs new connectors on the wire ends, that is less expensive than replacing the entire CDI.

The LR-31 module is not so expensive, but again if all it needs is new spade connectors on the wire ends, not that hard to change them.

Thanks, again. You're awesome.
    Unfortuantely, John Z didn't have it.
    I have the ski at a PWC repair shop in eastern Long Island, they're going to take a look at it and provide an estimate. I assume it'll be expensive, but I'm rady to suck it up and get back on the water. I learned a lot.

The PWC shop (East End Jet Ski's in Hampton Bays, NY) is telling me that in additiin to the electricals box, the flywheel is damaged and its not worth fixing. I understand parts are hard to get but I don't know if I should believe this. The ski only has 11 hours on it, it was meticulously maintained. The only problem was that the electrical box got water damage.
    Any advice?

Thread Information