2002 rx bad day!!

riding at wide open started gettin real bad vibration and noise from the rear of ski and suddenly dies figured i sucked something up ski wouldnt start agian end up pulling out what looked like a piece of the wear ring! ski started but wouldnt run for sh*t going to pull the pump tomorrow whats the chance of impeller damage and any other damages? That and is there a different impeller i can get to increase performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_ass21 View Post
    riding at wide open started gettin real bad vibration and noise from the rear of ski and suddenly dies figured i sucked something up ski wouldnt start agian end up pulling out what looked like a piece of the wear ring! ski started but wouldnt run for sh*t going to pull the pump tomorrow whats the chance of impeller damage and any other damages? That and is there a different impeller i can get to increase performance?
    ouch! the pump/stator probably got damaged, you wont know until you yank it...
    could be pump self destructed and took the stator and wear ring with it , or cracked prop, who knows...
    post some pics...

thanks man! anything to watch for when yankin it im downloadin the service manual and stuff tomorrow at work def will post some pics!

man, it`s been awhile, hmmm take a bunch of pics for reference in case you get jambed up...

remember how the reverse linkage and position of the return spring goes... remove the bolts that hold on the steering nozzle, venturi-exit nozzle, and disconnect the steering cable and trim...
    get that stuff out of the way and now you see just the pump... remove the bolts that hold on the pump, pull pump off... impeller will be attached to the pump... me thinks...lol...
    that will get ya started...

hopefully one of these 2 smoke gurus can get in on this and help ya out...

Ulitimate Newb
    I just pulled mine on a 2000 RX today. Pretty straight forward. Remove bolts for the trim, steering and reverse. If there are the same between the 2000 and 2002, then you can't mix up the bolts and only remember which way you put the bolts in. The steering bolt stays on the cable. Then just pull straight out.

Am i pullin the bolts attached to the haul or the ones half way threw the pump? looks like the whole pump seperates into two pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_ass21 View Post
    Am i pullin the bolts attached to the haul or the ones half way threw the pump? looks like the whole pump seperates into two pieces.

Remove the steering, trim, and reverse gate linkage only. That allows you to remove the steering nozzle assembly. There are four bolts that hold the nozzle on. then remove the four nuts that hold the pump housing to the shoe. Then pull it off the drive shaft.

pump is out everything looks real good just was missing the wear ring what should i be looking for on everything else? Prop spins free with no cracks or major dings. thinking of just gettin new wear ring and o rings and pump oil change what u think?

That and can i get the wear ring in without pullin prop?

Thread Information