Problems with my 2001 Pro 1200

Hey Guys,

Took my boat out for the first time since i bought it. Finially found the ski I was looking for Its a 2001 Pro 1200 with 32 hours on it. Mint Shape bought off the first owner. Ski has 32.8 Hours on it. Put a new set of plugs in and and went over everything before i hit the water. Fired right up, started cruising around keeping around 4500 rpms. let the ski warm up abit and then started riding it. about 4 minutes into the ride it wouldn't rev pass 4000 rpms. Limpt back to the shore and turned off the boat. when I opened the seat smoke was coming out. Water box was so hot that it had heated up the exit tube. you could fry an egg on it. so I loaded it on the trailer and made sure i didn't suck up any sea weed. everything looked good. put it back in the water, fired it up could feel water in the exhaust hoes. when for a small 2 minute ride lots of power but came back in and the water box was boiling again. put back on the trailer and took it back to the cabin. Large exit tube hose and melted almost closed. melted the small hose between the water box and exhaust manifold. took the exhaust manifold off and water box out. everything looked okay with nothing trapping water. There is a small pinkish red pop vavle going from the top of the exhaust manifold to the bottom that the ball got stuck in the opening and wouldn't let anything og through. What is this vavle for???? do i need to keep it. For what i can see the water from the engine fills the top of the exhaust manifold then water goes through that hose which fills the bottom part and then that water goes through the water box? is this correct

You guys all know your stuff on this forum this is why I am here. Thank you in advance if you can help.

P.s for all the guys that told me to buy a pro 1200 after i sold my 785 Pro. thank you. Only got to drive it for a few minutes but cannot wait to get back on it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30716me_20.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	244718

+1
    that is a Jetworx valve it helps give you alittle more bottom end you can get a better ball for it so it doesn't fall back in again .If you have it out already just put alttle grease on it and put it back in and it should be good for the season ,you need to check them from time to time

Thank You 785 LUGS

Would the ball getting stuck,stop water from flowing into the water box? would it be possible this would cause the engine to bog out????

+1
    yep it helps cool the stinger before it hit's the waterbox

LUGS,

In your opinion Do I want to go with an adjustable or non adjustable Jetworx valve. also do you know if the gasket between the manifold and exhaust pipe can be reused or do they have to be replaced everytime they come apart.

Thanks buddy

+1
    stay with the stock valve and contact derwood on here he has a bunch of the upgraded balls for them also if the gasket looks good just put a thin coat of silicne on it and put it back together

Thread Information