Cool what is needed to make a 2005 rxp rough water reliable?

i want to ride the ski in the ocean 50% of the time and the rest of the time in a canal.... but i have read on GH that the supercharger can be badly messed up in rough water ? why is that? is there anything i can do to make it more reliable? right now the ski is bone stock except it has a riva performance blow off valve but not the hks ssqv its the cheaper plastic model.

when i bought the ski the wear ring and the bearing in the pump were completely shot so i just did a pump rebuild with EVERYTHING new , the bearing, oil seals, orings, spacers etc. the clearence between wear ring and impeller is like paper thin and there is absolutely no movement of the impeller shaft like there was when the bearing was shot.

other than that the ski is bone stock what is recomended for rough water riding? thanks guys

+1
    set back pump would improve handling. As for the SC get the metal washers and go easy on the the throttle. Or buy a turbo setup if your rich

+1
    R&D intake grate to help stay hooked up better.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    there will be some folks on here that will tell you to dump that BOV- that its actually doing worse on the clutch. trick for ocean riding is to remove finger from throttle when you come out of the water. as said before, get the metal washers.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i agree you need to modulate the throdle but i dissagree about the bov...t seems to be a big myth that runs rampid here..i build race cars for a living and EVERY boosted car that i see runs one..for reasons ..but a pos BOV is a pos one..

the 08 oil jet mod will help alot..i also ride alot of rough conditions.and was running a rude 3 without slip issued..

riva intake grate is good and best for speed int the canal but others will keep you hooked up better..

pump extension will also keep you in the water ..

you may want to get the foam blocks in you wells to hold on ...like the off shore guys run..no one talkes about them here. more of a race thing..

and in the rough you go faster trimmed all the way down..you need to stay in the water. if you trim up you will come unhooked..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    pump extension will also keep you in the water ..
    I don't think anyone is currently manufacturing them. He will have to find one used. Good luck.

Thread Information