Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best supercharger

im in the market for a supercharger, is an x charger my best bet? what other options do i have?

+1
    how much money are you willing to throw into your ski. You cant just slap a SC on and ride, there are other things that will have to changed and/or tunned. What are your speed goals? Is a rec ski or a go fast than back on the trailer ski? Do you intend to up keep on maintenance items? Are you handy with a wrench?

Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    how much money are you willing to throw into your ski. You cant just slap a SC on and ride, there are other things that will have to changed and/or tunned. What are your speed goals? Is a rec ski or a go fast than back on the trailer ski? Do you intend to up keep on maintenance items? Are you handy with a wrench?
    it is a rec ski but i like to go fast. i turn wrenches for a living (honda technician). the ski ran 72 with riva stage 1, id like to get to 80

what does your setup run?

+1
    The X charger is a proven setup, but for 80+ you'd probably need an aftermarket ecu. It's possible without one but you have to have everything perfect. Also you can upgrade the wheel and housing on the x charger if you still want more boost. I ran 81 with my x charger and the mini rude upgrade before it blew. Lots of proven setups just depends how deep your pockets are.

+1
    76ish, could probably get closer to 80 if i tweeked my prop some and tuned my AFR (. But doesn't really make a diff since I rarely have clam enough water to do speed runs in. Im happy with the acceleration and speed, tho 78 would make me feel better about the money i spent.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    The X charger is a proven setup, but for 80+ you'd probably need an aftermarket ecu. It's possible without one but you have to have everything perfect. Also you can upgrade the wheel and housing on the x charger if you still want more boost. I ran 81 with my x charger and the mini rude upgrade before it blew. Lots of proven setups just depends how deep your pockets are.
    Mind me asking how she blew??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra150nc View Post
    Mind me asking how she blew??
    It didnt necessarily "blow" but the bearing let go and the blade was rubbing up against the housing destroying it. Done with superchargers now. Too much of a headache.

+1
    Yeah I am thinking turbo for a winter project was going to go rude3 will see if I can convince the wife that it's more money up front but less money long term or something along those lines just keeping fingers crossed and spending on her hobbies now until I drop the bomb lol.

+1
    76ish, could probably get closer to 80 if i tweeked my prop some and tuned my AFR .
    Youll need to do more than tweeking your prop and AFRs to get 80 from 76...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information