oil pump adjustment help

Hello all maybe someone can help me. I have a 03 xlt and had carbs of so many times I lost the setting at the throttle bracket for the oil pump cable. I dont want to take everything apart to set it at the oil pump. My manuel only gives throttle setting at bracket I need oil cable setting in inches like the throttle setting the manuel gives me thank you.

Huntsville Al
    You can adjust the cable at the bracket to make it rich on oil by adjusting the cable away from the carbs or do it wright and get a mirror or bore scope or something to see the marks on the pump. its a little extra work but it will be wright.

Hi guys, the manual says to "fully close the carburetor throttle valves". does this mean that I have to back out the throttle stop?
    I too, just reinstalled carbs. I snapped a pic of the oil pump lever and it looks close. I have the throttle cable on and adjusted. the throttle is resting on the stop.

Looks like it is going to be a guess based on the picture in the manual for me. I tried the scope and mirrors and had no luck. I still have the stock air box in place. (blocking view) I doubt they want you to back out the stop to set the alignment on the pump.Probably just bring throttle to the stop.

Yeah, with the air box and all in place I guess it'd be difficult. I have all that out. Even then it took me like fifty pics to get one that gave me a clear pic.

Huntsville Al
    I know it sounds like and looks like a bad job but your only looking at a couple hours removing and replacing both pipes and air box but if your going to keep the ski and oil injection its worth the piece of mind knowing its wright.

Thread Information