I own a 2004 RXP with a recent rebulid. Throwing a p 3044 code after changing motor

I recently changed the motor of my 2004 rxp after the orignal lost oil through rubber boot around shaft. I repaired motor to specs of maunual and I am throwing a p3004 code while it is running. I brought it to a dealer and they told me it needed a new camshft sensor so I bought it for 50 bucks put in and still the same code with blinking check engine light too....seadoo seams to run fine. Just very frustated. I check the ohms and for the life of me cant understand how the motor runs without the sensor working. I have checked the wires back to ecm checked the ecm and that appears to be working correct. I chedked the old voltage to new and there was not much difference. Check the timing chain and sproket and they appear to be in good shape. ohter than sell it I dont know what to do...I am at my witts end......the motor runs without the sensor hooked up....any ideas? I have looked thoughtout the threads here but nothing matches the problem....Thanks in advane....Kingknine I have the manual for it but its not doing what it should be doing..the sprocket and chain are turing so thte pickup should be workig...the sensor is magnetized.....I dont get it....FRUSTRATEDn
    Last edited by kingknine; 07-06-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by kingknine View Post
    I recently changed the motor of my 2004 rxp after the orignal lost oil through rubber boot around shaft. I repaired motor to specs of maunual and I am throwing a p3004 code while it is running. I brought it to a dealer and they told me it needed a new camshft sensor so I bought it for 50 bucks put in and still the same code with blinking check engine light too....seadoo seams to run fine. Just very frustated. I check the ohms and for the life of me cant understand how the motor runs without the sensor working. I have checked the wires back to ecm checked the ecm and that appears to be working correct. I chedked the old voltage to new and there was not much difference. Check the timing chain and sproket and they appear to be in good shape. ohter than sell it I dont know what to do...I am at my witts end......the motor runs without the sensor hooked up....any ideas? I have looked thoughtout the threads here but nothing matches the problem....Thanks in advane....Kingknine I have the manual for it but its not doing what it should be doing..the sprocket and chain are turing so thte pickup should be workig...the sensor is magnetized.....I dont get it....FRUSTRATEDn
    I know their are two plugs in the area of the camshaft sensor that can be swapped. They both reach each other, and can be plugged into one another. I think the other sensor is a temp sensor or something in that same area. I'de recomend double checking your wireing harness. Hopefully this helps.

Check you have not plugged the crank position sensor into it. If wrong way round you may have fried the crank pos sensor

here is the worst part...The seadoo runs wether the cps is plugged in or not...doesnt make a difference. IT RUNS really well.....but the check engine light and check engine keeps flashing....I checked all wires and they are all in the right positions....All it throws is the one code and that is it?......ANY ONE WANT TO BUY A RXP?

Oh and thanks for the replies...

+1
    borrow an ecu and key from 04

Well Thanks for the helpful info JDLROCU.....after hours of trying to figure out the problem....I rechecked everything again and low and behold.....there is another plug which was hid underneath the throttle body that had an orange wire....any who...I put the plug where it is suppose to be and no code after riding it for 15 min....DONT I FEEL STUPID....I swore I checked it more than once but......HEY....I F**ked up....Thanks again for the info....

Quote Originally Posted by kingknine View Post
    Well Thanks for the helpful info JDLROCU.....after hours of trying to figure out the problem....I rechecked everything again and low and behold.....there is another plug which was hid underneath the throttle body that had an orange wire....any who...I put the plug where it is suppose to be and no code after riding it for 15 min....DONT I FEEL STUPID....I swore I checked it more than once but......HEY....I F**ked up....Thanks again for the info....
    no problem, glad i could help.

Thread Information