Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2011 Speedster 200 - ET137 Riva xx charger upgrade - thoughts?

I currently have the 2008 230 wake and will be trading / selling it for the Speedster 200.

I am wondering if anyone on here has modified the 255hp motors in the Speedster hull and what other supporting mods they suggest with the ET 137 Riva XX charger housing / wheel combination on this boat.

I would like to go faster than the stock boat however not sacrifice much reliability if possible. A super fast boat is of no use to me if it spends its life on a workbench.

I don't have lots of free time so I want to have it available when I can use it.

so....a top speed of 65 mph isn't considered fast enough for you..??

I have the 08 200 with no mods. I love HP just as much as the next guy but it rarely relates to top end speed. My boat is a blast, stock. I easily reach close to or over 60 mph when I want it. . Most of my boating is done at a local lake (Lake St. Clair) that rarely supports that kind of speed. It has to be really early or late in the day. Sure you can pick and choose spots but I'm on the edge at those speeds and the looks I get when I do that are priceless. The sound at top speed is awesome.

I've been lucky enough to play with the 310 NA and the newer 510's . Folks there isn't a whole lot of difference and in the 510'2 cas we both took off under the same conditions and were dead even through and through. More than speed is the agility of the SOB, nothing to me beats turning that thing on a dime without losing power and just watching heads shake as I beat the tar out of it.

Nothing against mods and I didn't offer anything up but more commentary that anything else. These boats are the one of the best craft to own big or small.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    A 4" Intake (per Engine, so 2 Intakes) is a must, and since you're putting On a Bigger Charger, you'll need 2 New Impellers, prob. Injectors and RRFPR, maybe IC Upgrade.

Just Remember, since you will be getting an S200, everything you do will have to be in 2's, so it's going to Cost 2x as much.

Just Start with the Inexpensive stuff First and go from there.

Least Expensive - 4" Intake System.

+1
    No offense but you are making a mistake....Keep the 230....The Speedster 200 is not a good hull...I built one for a guy and it runs fast but it doesnt handle any kind of chop...and once it starts bouncing you have to back all the way out of the throttle and then get back in....

Take it for a test ride, make sure you like it first.....

Thanks for all the responses.
    Mainly I wanted options for what to do if I were to upgrade it. I am kind of a HP junkie. The STi I have built for time attack has 547whp.

The only reason for the change in boat hulls, I have driven everything from the 1996 Speedster to the 230 wake in size, is that mostly it will be myself and my girlfriend and possibly 2 others at a time and i want a smaller hull.

In WA it was great to have the boat since i could store it on property out there. In CA things are a bit different.
    I will mostly be out on lakes early in the day where chop isn't bad till mid day where we will be tubing and relaxing at that point.

I am going in today to do the swap and probably take the new boat out next weekend.
    Thinking that I will keep it stock for now. Probably do the 4" intakes and then next season consider upgrading further if I even feel it is necessary.

Thanks again!

=)

+1
    Take a look at the build I did and the air intakes I set up...They work nicely....

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...er-200-w-430hp

I actually read that entire thread previous to my initial posting. The work, from the looks of it, was pretty clean and the boat put down a lot of power.

I will post up my initial thoughts of the 2011 Speedster 200 next weekend after hitting the lake.
    Too bad you aren't in CA I would probably hit you up for doing the intakes when / if I decide to have it done.

Which intake setup would you recommend?

Judging by the comments I have seen on the stock boat I won't really feel the need to upgrade it other than intakes and call it a day.
    Will I have any problems running lean due to 91 Octane crap fuel here? I know the ECU can adjust for some differentials however not positive on if there would be any danger.

I run e85 in my STi however for a boat it doesn't make any sense since i would have to replace all my lines with stainless due to corrosion like i did with the car. Plus i would run out of gas super quick due to fuel density being lower and requiring more of it per cycle.
    If you happen to be curious the car is on Youtube ( Surgeline tuning 550whp sti ) It was a fun build.

Thanks again for the help and links.

Cheers

+1
    You can get the same intakes I did...We have the hangers in stock and can get he kanaflex as well as the air filters....Shipping for the kanaflex is going to be expensive though...You may want to try and find it locally...Let me know..Will be glad to get you the filters and hangers....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    You can get the same intakes I did...We have the hangers in stock and can get he kanaflex as well as the air filters....Shipping for the kanaflex is going to be expensive though...You may want to try and find it locally...Let me know..Will be glad to get you the filters and hangers....

If you cut the kanaflex to size so it was basically a kit and everything would fit properly what would it cost me including shipping?

And how difficult would it be to install?

Would this cause a void of warranty?

Intakes are a gray area I assume.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information