Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger shaft

I am in the process of changing the washers on my sc but the nut at the end of the shaft is incredibly tight, daft question but could it be left hand thread? I am almost sure it isnt though. Anyone else had a problem with this before?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seany_bhoy51 View Post
    I am in the process of changing the washers on my sc but the nut at the end of the shaft is incredibly tight, daft question but could it be left hand thread? I am almost sure it isnt though. Anyone else had a problem with this before?
    8. Secure impeller shaft on engine side of supercharger unit using shaft holding tool. Remove impeller cap nut and set aside. NOTE: You will need to turn nut clock-wise as threads are left-handed. Remove washer, impeller, o-ring and step collar. (see illustration #5)

http://www.rivaracing.com/instructio...750_cb_420.pdf

+1
    Be sure you have not overtightend that nut turning it the wrong way and your next threads not "HELP SC Shaft Snapped". Spec is 30N•M, if you think you have might be an idea to bite the bullet and get a new shaft or full kit.

+1

NO the nut on the washer side is NOT left handed,it is right handed,the nut on the impeller side is left handed...DO NOT turn it clockwise as you will be tightening the heck out of it...It has loctite on it and is difficult to get off the first time...You may need to use a 1/2 inch drive socket wrench with a 17mm socket and a little heat to get it off...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    8. Secure impeller shaft on engine side of supercharger unit using shaft holding tool. Remove impeller cap nut and set aside. NOTE: You will need to turn nut clock-wise as threads are left-handed. Remove washer, impeller, o-ring and step collar. (see illustration #5)

http://www.rivaracing.com/instructio...750_cb_420.pdf
    Yep I misread. Ignore my comment but refer to the link

+1
    Also make sure you verify that you did not twist the shaft blocking the oil hole under the gear.

I havent tried to turn it clockwise as it did not look left hand thread. Must just be tight. Nothing has budged yet so cant have blocked the holes. I was thinking of a small amount of heat to soften the locktite.

+1
    I havent tried to turn it clockwise as it did not look left hand thread. Must just be tight. Nothing has budged yet so cant have blocked the holes. I was thinking of a small amount of heat to soften the locktite.
    Yes you will have to heat it to melt the loctite.

+1

Yes,heat that nut up some to break the loctite.

+1
    Has anyone had trouble removing the step colar? Normally a little heat and they slip off, but had one that I had to cut off.
    Have not pulled that many Chargers apart so was wondering how common this actually is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information