Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

2012 Yamaha's????

Hey everyone. Well looking at heading back to the yamaha side of the house. Got ride of my 08 Yamaha SHO Cruiser and got a 2010 Seadoo RXT-X about a year ago. I will say, both ski, has been awesome. I know there is alot of people that bash each brand, but for me, I have seen as long as you keep the maint up and just dont abuse them, they both will last a long time. Now, like I said, both ski have performed great. My RXT-X 260 is a BEAST and fast and I will say, the hull feels so much stronger because hitting waves I dont feel the hit like I did on my SHO and I have to say, the IBR is awesome. When you can start the ski on a trailer and not worry about it lurching forward or moving back, Thats nice. Now, the reason I am going to head back to yamaha is because, of the MOTOR. The seadoo is a HIGH reving powerful motor, but my SHO CRUISER had such a smooth feeling and sounding motor. I know it did not have to work as hard to put the power out put as this Seadoo. I also, feel the workmanship in the yamaha is a little better, plus this Seadoo has NO storage area. Ok, enough on my reasoning and just curious if anyone has heard or seen anything on the 2012 Yamaha's coming out. I def. am going to head back to the CRUISER since i do many 100+ mile trips often. If anyone has any information, please let me know and guess I will be seeing you all back on the Yamaha forums soon

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Hey everyone. Well looking at heading back to the yamaha side of the house. Got ride of my 08 Yamaha SHO Cruiser and got a 2010 Seadoo RXT-X about a year ago. I will say, both ski, has been awesome. I know there is alot of people that bash each brand, but for me, I have seen as long as you keep the maint up and just dont abuse them, they both will last a long time. Now, like I said, both ski have performed great. My RXT-X 260 is a BEAST and fast and I will say, the hull feels so much stronger because hitting waves I dont feel the hit like I did on my SHO and I have to say, the IBR is awesome. When you can start the ski on a trailer and not worry about it lurching forward or moving back, Thats nice. Now, the reason I am going to head back to yamaha is because, of the MOTOR. The seadoo is a HIGH reving powerful motor, but my SHO CRUISER had such a smooth feeling and sounding motor. I know it did not have to work as hard to put the power out put as this Seadoo. I also, feel the workmanship in the yamaha is a little better, plus this Seadoo has NO storage area. Ok, enough on my reasoning and just curious if anyone has heard or seen anything on the 2012 Yamaha's coming out. I def. am going to head back to the CRUISER since i do many 100+ mile trips often. If anyone has any information, please let me know and guess I will be seeing you all back on the Yamaha forums soon
    That sucks man. For the record I dont regret jumping from my RXP to my FZR. Regardless of what HP SD comes out with im not looking back. Sucks you have to mess with getting rid of your TX. Although I have been wondering what Yami is doing for 2012. Ready to find out!

Me too! I was hoping for a new ski. Large like the suv with the 1.8 L and a 25 gal fuel tank. Yea I like to fish so it would be nice but a pipe dream. I'm sure there is not a big enough market for that purpose.

Not sure what's going to happen for 2012 but the recent events in Japan have taken their toll on the Yamaha outboards. Supply is low. We might not see any changes at all except decals.

Quote Originally Posted by ldippi View Post
    Me too! I was hoping for a new ski. Large like the suv with the 1.8 L and a 25 gal fuel tank. Yea I like to fish so it would be nice but a pipe dream. I'm sure there is not a big enough market for that purpose.

Not sure what's going to happen for 2012 but the recent events in Japan have taken their toll on the Yamaha outboards. Supply is low. We might not see any changes at all except decals.
    True. I wouldn't fault them if they did do as you said and just changed decals and maybe colors. It's been a rough year.

+1
    I got a survey from Yamaha today asking my opinions on the color schemes they are considering. They're doing a survey to see what the customers want to see for colors and graphics, so it will probably be at least a couple months before they come out.

+1
    you just cannot beat the reliability and fuel economy of the yamaha compared to others.

+1
    Times are tough, I'd hate to be a dealer during this funk... especially with gas prices being at a premium this summer...

+1
    2012 Yamaha line up will be released in mid August.....I have heard that the FX Crusier is getting bigger...Not sure what that means but that info came from the inside.....I too am waiting to see what SD and Yami are bringing as I am looking to buy a ski next year or late this year with a 2011 left over if nothing good is going to happen....

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    you just cannot beat the reliability and fuel economy of the yamaha compared to others.
    This chart I found disproves your theory. I'm not biased since I have a carb'd 2 stroke and am jealous of all of you

Granted below is 2011 data for Yamaha that looks like it improved, couldn't find any other brands (SD or Kawi) for comparison.

+1
    HEADS UP:
    2012 = 325 HP FZR/FZS

with purple seat and R&D intake grate installed at the factory...

seriously. just buy a 2009 or 2010 and save thousands.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information